Fox News Anchor Throws Colleague Under the Bus - Will Not Lie About Polls

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Aug 18, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Awesome

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/08/18/truth-fox-news-host-tells-viewers-fox-lying-poll.html

(more via the link above)
    On Fox News’s The Five, Eric Bolling tried to tell Fox News viewers the same lie that the network pushed in 2012. Bolling said, “But these polls, Dana. Honestly, we have to stop with these polls. They’re insane with the polls. Just look at what’s going on. You look at a Trump rally, and there’s twelve, fifteen thousand, ten thousand people…You look at a Clinton rally. You have fifteen hundred, two thousand.”

Dana Perino dropped the truth, “It is a real disservice to his supporters to lie to them that those polls don’t matter. You can not take twelve thousand people at a rally that are your definite supporters they are going to show up for the campaign and then say the polls are wrong.”

2. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

The biggest crowd Hillary had all season was for her nomination, and it partly had to do with the carnival aspect to it and that Obama was going to be there along with other A-listers in the Democrat party. Trump, on the other hand, has routinely filled stadiums, coliseums and other like-sized venues. So it isn’t wise to discount polling figures, but really Hillary’s support is more hype than fact while Trump’s is real support.

Very recent same day rally — Trump vs. Hillary

xScreen-Shot-2016-08-04-at-1.29.49-PM.png.pagespeed.ic.qM96jOs0ND.jpg

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I don't care about rally attendance. I care about the candidate and the issues. Trump likes a lot of pomp and circumstance. He likes a crowd. He thrives on the applause. One of his first tweets after the RNC was about how much applause he got during his speech (minutes). Not just a tweet - but his campaign created a video. As if that's important.

I'd probably go see Trump speak - I wouldn't pay. He's a great entertainer. However he's a lousy politician.

4. samiwas Suspended

Well, there's also the fact that Trump's supporters are pretty hardcore supporters, while the rest of us don't really give two slips about going to a rally. I think on the list of top ten things I never want to do in my life, going to a political rally would rank pretty high up there. Doesn't mean the support isn't there. Right wing news sources also dominate viewership and listenership. Doesn't mean the country is dominated by right wingers. Again, just behind going to a political rally, listening to political talk shows is very low on my list.

5. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

The only crowds that matter are the ones that come out on Nov 8th.

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Dana sounds like a woman with a pretty good job to jump to somewhere else if she wants it.

7. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I saw her interview tonight and support her. Those on the right bashing her for her stance need out.

8. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Wonder what Rush Limbaugh will have to say about all this, assuming he still has a gig. I would hazard a guess he doesn't think polls mean anything either. Or they mean what he says they mean. Can you see Trump nominating him for a cabinet position just to get the bombast competition off air?

9. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Polls don't matter when you're behind. Just like how on the main board here, Marketshare doesn't matter - unless your brand is ahead ;)

10. FieldingMellish Suspended

What's hard core on the Left is interrupting a Trump rally, or preventing it altogether. Going to great lengths to get there and be all prepared with stuff to burn and items to throw.

11. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Yeah - promoting violence and encouraging chanting like "lock her up" is totally not hard core.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

At the very end of the debate, one fox dude says (I paraphrase), "this is about the day after the election, when Trump and his Breitbart buddy create a new network."

He knows that network would be a direct competitor to Fox.

And then he says his directors are in his ear telling him it's the end of the segment.

Message received.

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Time for Fox to ACTUALLY go fair and balanced. After this season could be a real market for it, jeez.

14. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

"Fox News is dishonest. Many people have said that. Their ratings are very low. Sad. They used treat me fairly. Now they just make up lies."

15. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Or they just go even further reich.

I wouldn't be surprised by either move.

16. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

17. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Wherever the ratings play looks best when the time comes!

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You know who else had huge rallies?

Bernie Sanders
    Michael Dukakis
    Walter Mondale

19. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Speaking of made up lies... Their rating are low? LOL

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/this-weeks-cable-ratings/
    --- Post Merged, Aug 19, 2016 ---
    They actually are. Its that the rest have swung so far left.

20. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I believe it was satire. We know Fox News has great ratings.

21. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Amazing that you couldn't recognize my sarcasm and usage of Trump's rhetoric. Defensive much?

22. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

So judging from the comments in this thread, the consensus is that the Politician with the biggest rally crowds is the Better Candidate? Is the better person?? o_O

800,000 in Nurnberg Rally.jpg

23. samiwas Suspended

Yeah, those 18 people are representative of "the left". You got me. :rolleyes: