Fox News App has Obama ad popup

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by johnpq, Aug 17, 2012.

1. johnpq macrumors newbie

On Aug 16 an Obama ad took over the Fox News App on my iPhone. When I launch the app the ad loads and waits to be viewed, as an other video. There is a button to close the ad but when I do it simply loads back up again. I deleted the app and reinstalled it with no luck.

Any ideas about how I can clear the thing out? I am not tech savvy.

John Q

2. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Really? I assume it's since it's a free app it's generates ads for revenue. Ad placement would probably go off the topics of the articles. So if there are articles about Obama on the app, it would make sense that it has Obama ads.

Have you clicked on the ads yet?:D

3. mrmacinrock macrumors newbie

John, I can confirm the same problem. Eric, it is not ad revenue- it's a hack.

Anytime I open the Fox News iPhone app, no matter what section I'm in (Articles, video, slideshow, etc) a full screen Obama splashpage opens with a play button. There is no option but to play the Pro-Obama video, which redirects to YouTube after the video completes. Clicking the X to close the spashpage only minimized the splashpage for a second before it immediately reopens itself.

I've got them to stop, try this:

1. Close the iPhone Fox News app by clicking the home button on the iPhone
    2. Double-press the home button to display the scrollable list of open iPhone apps
    3. Touch-and-hold any of the displayed apps that are open so that they enable the minus icon on the icons.
    4. Shut down (click the minus) the apps if they are available: FoxNews, Safari, YouTube
    5. Don't forget to scroll left or right to ensure you find all the open apps

After doing those steps the popups seemed to stop. I can now stop being forced to watch lies promoting the president who will go down as being the worst president in US history.

4. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

LOL.....I am going to check it out now.

I am with you on that.

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Even though the newbie can't reply to this in PRSI, I'll still take the bait.

List me one thing that William Henry Harrison did that benefited this country during his term as POTUS.

And yet you say that Obama is the worst. When you are done with your history lesson, then we'll talk.

BL.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Very helpful.
    Oh! And you were doing so well...

7. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Maybe doing nothing good is better than doing a lot of bad :D

8. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

http://www.whathasobamadone.org

I state again: List me one thing that William Henry Harrison did during his term as POTUS that benefited this country.

Be sure to write legibly.

BL.

9. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Even by that criteria, Bush the second is still strongly in the lead.

10. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

You know he was cursed right? Reagan broke the curse thanks to Nancy Reagan. I saw that I. TV just a few weeks ago, I think Nat Geo.

My last post still stands.

----------

Let's play spot the lib.

11. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I challenge you to go one day without using the word "lib". You use it like some kind of curse word to people who disagree with you. At least try to be original.

As for the OP....:p

12. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I tend to use it mostly here, I've never seen so many libs in one place. I feel like I am at the DNC when I log in here.

13. davidra macrumors 6502

Hmmm. Wonder why? Maybe we believe that Steve Jobs developed the iPhone using science and it didn't appear via creationism....ya think?

14. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

This has to be the dumbest reply ever.

I think you're accusing me of being some religious freak. Good news, I have no belief in a god, but don't reject the possibility.

What does Being liberal have to do with ''Jobs" creating the iPhone. Though I am sure there were others at Apple that made it happen. We'll take a line from Obama that Jobs didn't create the iPhone because he is smart there are a lot
    Of smart people out there.

He didn't become successful on his own, others made it happen.

I suppose we should thank the government every time we achieve a goal.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yet you use it against people who are clearly not 'lib' based on their posts.

16. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Umm I think that title is going to fall to Bush 2. Bush 2 manage to create a net total of 0 jobs.

17. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

People clearly don't know they are liberals I guess.

18. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I find this confusing. You seem to have some amount of reasoning skill, yet you view people in such a homogenized fashion. It's commonly made fun of when people do this by race. People have realized that suggesting all of a given race looks the same is just silly and myopic. You're suffering from the same lack of perception when it comes to ideology. If this analogy fails I'll make the next one about kittens:rolleyes:.

19. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

problem is you are so far on the right wing and use standard false/ lies from the Tea party.

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'd say it's you that doesn't know what a liberal is. You think it's anyone who doesn't agree with you.

21. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I've defined conservative and liberal both before, as well as libertarian and populist. You must have missed it.

22. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I almost feel sorry for you. It's obvious that you have allowed yourself to be brainwashed by those who have taken a perfectly reasonable quote and continuously use it in the wrong context. You're embarrassing yourself in your ignorance.

If you can't understand what he meant, then being surrounded by "libs" is the least of your worries.

23. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

exactly:rolleyes:

----------

Don't worry, I feel sorry for you too with your brainwashing.

24. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Yes, eric. I'm the one who is brainwashed.

25. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

All kidding aside, people don't know they are brainwashed until they are no longer brainwashed. :rolleyes: