Fox News busted by The Daily Show

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Nov 11, 2009.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Fox was caught using footage from the bigger teabagging party with more attendance on 9-12 and trying to pass it off as footage from the teabagging last week, and got caught red-handed, by The Daily Show, because sadly, a comedy news show is the best we have in the US for hard-hitting, investigative journalism and the only show that would call Faux out like this.

Link to video

And this is why many of us in PRSI refuse to accept Faux News as a reputable source when someone's making an argument.

2. Queso macrumors G4

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

This is NOTHING to laugh about.

The viewers of Fox are being manipulated. And unfortunately, most are not savvy enough to parse the truth. The cornerstone of our democracy has been a free and unbiased media (one could argue the history of the bias). However, with such relentless coverage, and saturation of "news" coverage, the manipulation of the populace is frightening.

It is sad that T"he Daily Show, a comedy news show is the best we have in the US for hard-hitting, investigative journalism and the only show that would call [Fox] out like this".

4. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

So let's get this straight. It's NOT a "conspiracy theory" if Stewart says it but it IS if someone here points it out or if it's someone people on this site think they can get away with discrediting?

John Stewart is FAR from a credible source! Why would any of the people here who continuously yell "CONSPIRACY NUT!!!" (yg17 being one of the very worst!!!) believe this?

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

WTF are you going on about here?

6. Queso macrumors G4

7. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

There's no conspiracy here. Did you even bother watching the clip? There is video PROOF of Faux lying. When Faux shows the EXACT SAME footage they showed 2 months ago and tries to pass it off as footage from last week, you're trying to claim it's a conspiracy against Faux? That's bullcrap and you know it.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

There's a sale on tin foil at Wal Mart. I suggest you go shopping.

9. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

LOL did you not watch the clip? There is video proof. Watch it and judge for yourself.

Faux is a joke, an absolute joke.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Now who was saying that Fox News broadcasts were accurate again? Shouldn't there be a law against this kind of thing?

11. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

The sad thing is they've got absolutely no credibility to lose. Its adherents don't watch it for to be informed with any accuracy.

To borrow an old article from skunk;

12. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

They have first amendment rights, the government shouldn't shut them down, but I absolutely do think that it's a violation of false advertising laws when they call themselves news. They are advertising themselves as something they are not and in any other industry, that would be illegal.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That's what I mean. In no other business would this be remotely OK.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

They were talking about the event and the people used some footage from last rally, not that big of a deal and surely not going to change anyones mind about health care.

Besides that fact its hannity, his show isn't exactly news worthy anyways.

15. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Wow. John Stewart really has his audience pegged. Ripping on "b-roll" from Hannity of all things. Eeeasy money.

16. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Another option would be to criticise fox news for being blatantly and inexcusably dishonest. Might earn a little more intellectual respect than trying to belittle and excuse it.

17. chstr macrumors 6502a

chstr

I'm almost to the point of letting evolution take it's course and let the people who still believe fox news evaporate. unfortunately their ignorance affects the rest of us :(

18. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

There have been, and always will be, stupid people. That is all.

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Unfortunately, there appears to be be many more of them these days.

20. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Jon Stewart is one of the few true journalists left in the political arena.
    This is more proof that satire is often the best weapon against corruption.

21. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Yet another option would be to keep the weekly "fax noos bad" posts to a minimum. The saying "preaching to the choir" comes to mind. Criticizing FNC for egregious instances false news reporting is one thing but b-roll on Hannity? They press a button in the control room labeled "tea-party" and the computer finds any video labeled as such. Bill clinton was in the news on CNN yesterday and the commentators were talking about him. The video playing was Bill entering for the state of the union address in 1991. Blatant and inexcusably dishonest reporting by CNN.

22. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

And this is one of those many instances. They cut to this footage after reporting inflated participation numbers. It was a deliberate attempt to mislead the viewers.

23. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

Hilarious. I'd feel extremely embarrassed if I was a conservative in your country to have that crap representing my party.

24. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

This is ridiculous. Because it happens so often it should be excused. That's some broken logic and an entirely vacuous defense.

There's a difference between showing stock footage and trying to blatantly pass something off as something it isn't. Your continual attempts to belittle/excuse such lies might give people the impression your partisanship makes you lose objectivity.

25. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Yet again Fox news lies.

Now the next question is how much do the others lie. Lets face it fox news is one of the worse of the major news companies but the others are nut much better at manipulating the truth. That being said I would like to see some source on this from a real news source. Not trashing the daily show (I honestly like it) but it is not a real news source and even Jon Stewart has admitted that and says he should not be used as a credible news sources.

While I do not put it past fox news to lie I would hope one of the other sources would back it up.