Fox news does an interview with Obama without spin.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I saw the first part and its actually quite good. Not a ton of speculating or loaded question from Major.

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I notice Garrett awkwardly kept emphasizing the entire phrase "Fox news channel". Nudge-nudge, wink-wink. :p

As far as being the loneliest thread, I'll go you one better: I'll admit that Obama completely sidestepped the Obey/jobs question.

But at least this interview was refreshingly straightforward on Fox's part. Not gonna convert me into a Fox believer -- one interview doesn't undo all the other Fox propaganda. And really, I wouldn't be surprised if the WH had an agreement that the interview had to be aired in its entirety, unedited.

But in this particular case, I'll say that Fox treated Obama fairly. (And I reserve the right to revise that comment if I see Beck taking portions of it out of context and using them as the basis for wild paranoid speculation. :D)

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Major Garret is definitely one of the better news guys on FOX.

The big problem with FOX is the lack of a wall between their news and editorial folks. The editorial folks like Beck or O'Reilly start in on some rumor that Obama wasn't born here, or death panels, or what have you, and hammer it for a day or so. Then the straight news team decides that they have to cover the story because "it would be irresponsible not to speculate" about the unfounded rumors. Thus they legitimize those rumors that have no basis in fact, and justify it by saying "well, we were just covering the story of people talking about this issue". Yeah, your paid goon squad was the one talking about the issue!

Which is exactly how they operate.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'll watch later, but if they do a good job, we definitely will comment on it.

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Watched this earlier, some good questions. My problem with Fox is that they aren't like this for Republicans or people they agree with, they never push them or ask tough questions. Just watch this cluster**** between Hannity and Palin when hannity asks her about Iran:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM7Xhg0WIbU&

7. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

As much as I find the numerous Fox bashing threads to be asinine, I think it's even more telling that a congratulation thread is in order when there's journalistic integrity afoot.

8. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Not a congratulatory thread at all, just thought it was an interesting interview that would not be posted for the mere fact that it came FROM fox.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

True, though it is a pretty good interview though IMO, well worth watching.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Very nice interview indeed. I don't know why anyone would be unhappy with that.

11. Surely Guest

Surely

Yup, it sure is a sad state of affairs.

I will be sure to watch the interview after my class.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Definitely do it. It's very good.

13. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

+1

That was actual reporting, and not fear-mongering. I'm impressed.