Fox news gets a pass on not reporting the Truth

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Applicable for all of the news services.

Any idea what the particular news story was?

'Rat

2. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

Agreed. But Fox New and MSNBC are doing this particularly well...

3. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I'm pretty much fed up with all of them. The sycophantism during Obama's campaign; the unending happy spin on bad economic news, and now ABC becoming OBC. Well, why be surprised? ABC, Inc., employees donated $160,000 to the Obama campaign; $5,000 from five employees to the McCain effort.

Brokaw's getting mixed up with the White House, helping to pick the next Monica Lewinsky. "No man can serve two masters, which is why bigamy is stupid." He oughta stay in the news business, or hire in full-time to the WH. Hard to be adversarial in those circumstances.

Heck, twenty years back, my mother, a dedicated news junkie of the network and state/local news, started griping about "News Lite". Then we got Infotainment News. Now? Editorials and agendas.

I'm just glad we have the broad-spectrum mix of online sources and blogs, etc., to browse among the conflicting versions of events and try to sort them out.

4. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

That is the one bright side, but the problem is that not everyone has time to do that. It's easier to settle on one or two sources and stick with them.

5. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Yeah, one thing that retired Olde Pharts have is time. :)

The Timesonline seems pretty good, particularly as regards financial news. My Agora subscription provides excellent coverage of "the numbers" on money matters. Plus, the free online stuff at The Daily Reckoning and Whiskey&Gunpowder includes commentary on energy issues.

Dunno if it still is, and I'm remiss in not making it a regular browse, but the Christian Science Monitor was world-renowned for objectivity.

Otherwise, I mostly browse headlines. So much of what goes on is merely a reprise of twenty or forty years ago; only the names have been changed to protect the guilty.

'Rat

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Did you actually see CNN during the campaign and the right wing bias they showed?

7. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

If they did it on a private setting, I don't see what's the problem here. Although I could see the point in terms of influence, I think that if they're supporting a candidate, they should do so. I would like to see more employees financially supporting candidates (if they can afford it) than big conglomerates or lobbyists.
    But I'm glad too we have online sources and blogs as well.