Fox News Hosts Tell Young Women Not To Vote, Go Back To Tinder And Match.com

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Oct 23, 2014.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I don't usually care what fox rattles off but this really shows the republican agenda of getting young people to not vote. of course they wish they could say blacks and Mexicans and any non white rich christian but even they can't push it that far.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...rly-guilfoyle-midterm-election_n_6028054.html
    Fox News is discouraging young people from voting again, but this time the target is more specific: young women.

"The Five" co-host Kimberly Guilfoyle said Tuesday that young women should excuse themselves from voting in the upcoming midterm elections because they don't share the same "life experience" as older women and should just go back to playing around on Tinder and Match.com.

"It's the same reason why young women on juries are not a good idea," Guilfoyle said. "They don't get it!"

Earlier in the conversation, co-host Greg Gutfeld made the point that "with age comes wisdom" and the "older you get, the more conservative you get."

In other words: "Hey kids! Hold off a little. You don't have to vote just yet. Wait until you're conservative enough old enough!"

Guilfoyle agreed, suggesting that you can't cast an informed vote until you've gone through adult things, like paying the bills.

"They're [young women] like healthy and hot and running around without a care in the world," she concluded. "They can go back on Tinder or Match.com."

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

OMG, this should be plastered across every Democrat/liberal rag. Young women, as compared to at-times idiotic young men, you are just to rattle-brained to make reasonable decisions in general, especially while voting. Real message: You may be susceptible to the liberal message, resist, resist!!

I have a hard time believing this message sells well to Young Republicans, hoping it bites Faux in their collective asses. How can Republicans support these kind of messages directed at their youth without having guilty consciouses?

3. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Because they're generally older and believe these sorts of things?

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

How many young liberals listen/watch faux news?

5. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Everyone watches Fox News, from conservatives who believe it wholeheartedly, to liberals looking for yet more excuses to loathe it.

...and therein lies Rupert Murdoch's genius.

6. edk99 macrumors 6502a

You are so right. I hear they say some pretty crazy stuff on MSNBC but since no one really watches that channel you never really hear about it and you certainly won't read about it on huffblow.

7. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Hahahahahaha

Good one SteveKnight! You almost had me there!

8. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Yup. It's about as crass and cynical an exploitation of the American political zeitgeist that you can ask for. It doesn't matter if you're left leaning or right, we're all suckers for it in some shape, form, or fashion.

To be fair, I have read some extremely eye rolling stuff on MSNBC and Huffington Post before, but those sites have at least some slight pretensions towards journalist integrity. Fox News sees itself as an entertainment channel first and foremost, and puts more emphasis on playing with our emotions through news and politics than it does reporting it neutrally. Even the most bland piece news piece is spun and editorialized to some extent.

And as terrible as that is, you can't blame them solely for pandering to our loves, hates, wants, and fears, because...hell, it works. You can call them bottomfeeders all you want, but we, as in liberal and conservatives both, are the ones who keep tuning in every day. It's irresponsible to the utmost extreme, but we love to love it, love to hate it, and can't help but talk about it.

9. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Fox News Hosts Tell Young Women Not To Vote, Go Back To Tinder And Match.com

Makes sense to me. 1) analysts in the building over identity a group less likely to vote in favor of preferred policies and politicians, 2) directors in the back room decide to discourage their participation, 3) talking heads ask them not to vote.

Democracy isn't about who votes anymore, it about who doesn't.

10. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

brother. it is entertaining but that's it. it is mostly not worth the time it would take all day to post about the crap they say.

11. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I agree with you on that.

But thanks for admitting that you do care about it!

12. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I care about it even less then I do about your sex life or if ants contemplate the stars. it is fleeting entertainment that's holds the mind about 20 seconds.

13. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Dung beetles navigate using the moon. Don't know about ants, though. I think they just use pheromones or something.

14. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

When was the last time you checked the web for details on my sex life, or any astronomy? Then ran here to post about it?

15. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

not at all that's about as often as I check on fox posts. Are you saying your sex life is on the web? that's just disturbing.

16. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

No, there's nothing about my sex life online. But based on your posts so far in this thread, I'm saying if you care about Fox News the same amount as those things, then you've obviously at least googled it. And that is what's truly disturbing.

Remember, it was you who brought the subject up here, not me. Should I be concerned?

17. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

nope you are assuming. just found it in my news feeds and only posted it because it seems to fit the whole GOP wanting young people not to vote.

18. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

[​IMG]

19. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I bow down to your determination that you have me all figured out. it is scary you spend so much time worrying about what I post. far more then I spend on fox news. seems like a bit of an obsession to me.

20. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Now that is paradoxical.

21. Ambush083, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014

Ambush083 macrumors regular

Ambush083

Just sounds like she is being facetious. Not to be taken seriously. I like how when the left says dumb ***** you never hear about it (i.e. never posted as trending VIA Facebook and other forms of online media). It's swept under the rug. :eek:

22. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
  23. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

that's so close to torture I don't blame you.

24. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Interesting. I see it just the opposite way, with MSNBC, HuffPo, and NYT having little to no journalistic integrity. And how can anyone call the Colbert Report or the Daily Show news programs? I've never seen them, but I thought they were late night shows, like Johnny Carson. Right?

I guess that reflects the polarization of news consumption that PEW found.

http://www.journalism.org/2014/10/21/political-polarization-media-habits/

25. chown33 macrumors 604