Fox News Indefinitely Suspends Napolitano

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Mar 20, 2017.

1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Trump is rapidly running out of friends here. And when the king rat swims away from your ship, it's time to consider the possibility that you're sinking.

So who's still on board with captain trump on this issue?

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Sean Spicer? Kellyanne Conway? Jeffrey Lord?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 20, 2017 ---
    Right. Because good guys always say things that aren't true. Fox never reported that British intelligence was involved. Napolitano made that leap all on his own.

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Good guys don't make stuff up.

5. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

Well they're getting paid to stay.

Who here still backs trump on this?

6. Zenithal Suspended

I wonder when his state's BAR will examine his membership and possibly terminate.

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I have a feeling at least two out of those three would still make the same case totally free and unpaid.

I don't think anyone here does. I think the fringe types who would support anything no matter what, aren't here anymore.

8. vrDrew macrumors 65816

What a delightfully nautical metaphor.

If only Seaman Staines and Master Bates the Cabin Boy could get a gig as talking heads on Fox News, we'd be set (comically, at least) for the next few months.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

He could be right :eek:
    --- Post Merged, Mar 20, 2017 ---
    Makes sense as a way to bypass the courts.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Why would GCHQ risk its relationship with the NSA?

11. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Are people saying Fox News has standards unlike other networks that have had newscasters outright lie and are still on the air?

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

No, because they let him outright lie for days on this issue. Only under the glare of the spotlight from the bully pulpit was his words rejected and his appearances suspended. If not for the President referencing him, he'd still be there talking away.

Hmmm, I guess the President really is Making America Great Again. Just not in the way conservatives were thinking. Thanks Mr. President for draining the Fox swamp a little! :D

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

How many times has Chris "It's different for journalist" Cuomo lied and remained on the air? How many times has Katie Couric edited interviews to make the interviewees look idiotic. I'm not saying Fox isn't bias but it's ironic that people want to show schadenfreude for a Fox News personality yet not want the same type of actions to happen when others lie/mislead.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I've never heard Cuomo make up something completely untrue and run with it for days. If you can cite some more examples I will take a look. As for the one you gave, he was wrong and trying to make himself sound more special. I think he should have been forced to read an on-air retraction.

As for Couric, well, there's a reason she is where she is now I guess. She went from being on a major network every morning to "Katie who?" status.

15. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I enjoy very much seeing him on TV so hopefully he isn't banned.

Napolitano is primarily a libertarian constitutionalist judge who goes after both sides.

16. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Lol, thanks for confirmation. :D

17. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

"Hands up, don't shoot."

18. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

The purpose of my OP was to question how long trump will cling to his story now that the basis of it is discredited by his favorite right-wing news network.

But I have a suggestion for trump.

Whenever somebody brings up the "Obama wiretap" he should just say, "I won't comment on an ongoing investigation," and then just hope enough time passes that people forget about the whole thing.

I suspect there will be plenty of new things to press trump on anyway. Why focus on a stupid little lie, when we're going to have the opportunity to focus on a gigantic treasonous one?

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

As long as Sean Hateity is still on the air Trump has his biggest mouthpiece.

20. poloponies macrumors 68030

You give him a little too much credit. He was a New Jersey state court judge 20+ years ago. He's about as qualified to speak on Constitutional matters as any average guy off the street.

21. bopajuice macrumors 6502a

bopajuice

None of this would have been an issue if Trump would have taken his own advice. "The media are liars, fake news, despicable, can't be trusted, and so on. Yet he treats a Fox story as fact and then makes serious accusations without proof? Hmmmm...

22. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Yeah, he could have worked at the Rolling Stone and wrote a blatantly fictitious article about a woman who was gang rapped and kept his job.

23. poloponies macrumors 68030

Yes, because they are exactly the same thing. Why is there such a need to make such tenuous attempts at logical connections?

24. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Rolling stone is a pretty liberal rag. If anything the rape story is worse on a human level. How many people got fired again?

25. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Well I guess when we have a President getting his foreign intelligence from Rolling Stone, your analogy will be more appropriate.

I think he meant anything outside of Fox News, conspiracy websites and right wing blogs.