Fox News is Bascially Running Our Country

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ericgtr12, Apr 3, 2018.

1. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

It's all Trump watches, he regularly retweets stories as they air and now he's calling them into White House meetings.

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Lou dobbs isn't on Fox News, he's on Fox Business Network. :cool:

3. raqball macrumors 68000

Yeah and besides that, it's all rumor and innuendo. I highly doubt the info quoted as a 'matter of fact' information from Business Insider is anywhere close to being correct..

4. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Oh well then, all good.

Wait is it usual to have news hosts on speakerphone during WH meetings?

5. raqball macrumors 68000

Have any proof it's a true fact? Link / source please..

6. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

You can always prove them wrong.

7. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

Yeah just about every story that has come out is totally off base :) They are never right, even when Trump and his crew say it’s fake news. /s

8. raqball macrumors 68000

So why choose to believe something that has a 50/50 (at least) chance of being false?

9. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I didn't post the story so you'll have to ask them. I only ask if that is usual.
    I suppose it's the same as me asking why you doubt the story so out of hand. Especially as it's been posted, ridiculous stories about this administration tend to sadly turn out to be true.

10. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

We do have mountains of evidence that Trump spends multiple hours every day watching Fox News (particularly Fox and Friends) and unquestioningly tweeting about what he sees. It's just beyond comprehension that we've allowed a moron like Steve Doocy to become one of the most influential people on the entire planet.

11. raqball macrumors 68000

I don't know if the story is true or not but I'd rather wait for facts before jumping on either side of the argument. I suppose the president can get advice from anyone he / she wants. Would I think what has been posted is normal? No but I also don't see where the outrage over him doing so would come from either other than the remark about sensitive issues that is.

12. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi

13. raqball macrumors 68000

I watch Fox News and for the most part they are except for a few of the late night shows that is. I also watch CNN and they are far more opinionated but some anchors are fair. MSNBC is 100% unwatchable unless you want Trump gloom and doom 24/7 that is..

The thread is that Fox News is running the country and I don't believe that for one second, sorry.

14. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Link

15. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Glad that Fox Movies/TV/Studios was sold off to Disney because they really were total opposites from where the Stations/News were.

When I learned that the new "Cosmos" was continuing on Fox, me and a lady at work were like, "on Fox? The same station that aired a special on the Moon Landing Hoax?" :eek:

16. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

As it's been said we've gotten plenty of evidence that 45 takes many of his talking points from what he's seen earlier on Fox News. Case in point...
    https://www.vox.com/2018/4/2/17187900/trump-immigration-caravan-daca-nuclear-option
    45 has shown that he makes policy decisions based on sensationalist news reports, which can be a bit unnerving.

Which brings us back to

So yeah, you can discount out of hand because that's what you want or need to do. But 45's history in the WH shows he's pretty receptive to any input from one source of opinion, rarely considering any other. That's a bit discouraging when one is supposed to representing the whole of the country.

Where you see outrage, others see a reason for concern. Often those who don't like people asking questions, confuse it with outrage.

17. raqball macrumors 68000

So was Obama any different? Or Clinton? They both were pretty harsh on Fox News and any conservative news source so I guess that means they were not considering other opinions as well? I guess this is also disappointing and discouraging considering they were representing the other side too?

18. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

For variety sake you could try not to invoke someone who isn't currently in office. Shake it up.

While you can claim that they were harsh on Fox News was it based on a particular reason? Were they in the news cycle with stories about their birth place, supposedly orchestrating aides being killed? Because if they were, that would upset anyone. It doesn't mean that either individual chose to ignore conservatives with their policies and try to reach out. It didn't mean they attempted policy based on sensationalist stories from a network.

Meanwhile the current person actually in office is trying to affect policy based on information whether true or false, because some paid groomed talking head read a teleprompter on television.

19. raqball macrumors 68000

Source / poof of this claim? And no the previous information you posted is not proof of facts and is pure innuendo and speculation.

20. SusanK macrumors 68000

If Trump had an original thought it would be lonely.

21. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

We all know Fox News carries water for (R) and about 20 networks carry water for (D).

As to Dobbs and Trump, they have a man cruch on eachother, it's not a conspiracy.

Besides, Dobbs is a smart guy, maybe it will rub off.:p

22. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I realize you're doing the lazy man 'debate' strat, but at least put some effort into it. Especially if it's already been covered.
    https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ly-running-our-country.2113299/#post-25950902

If you can't play fair...

So, just for 'debate' sake, what makes you so certain all this can't possibly be true.

23. raqball macrumors 68000

Again, post proof or the claims are unfounded. Are they true? Maybe but maybe they are not. You can post opinion pieces all day long from left leaning sources but that does not make the claim true... Sorry but you are going to have to do better than that to convince me otherwise.

I've never said it can't be true. Why put words in my mouth I never said? I believe I said there is a 50/50 chance it's either true or false and that I'd wait for facts and proof before deciding..

As a matter of fact, here is what I've said:

24. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

If trump says something is fake, I know it's 100% accurate. That's been proven time and time again

25. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Can you point to when ANY president in history has had remarks go public that follow the timeline of a TV news channel? Ever?

There’s over a year of Trump Twitter posts that come out minutes after a given Fox News segment, often using the exact talking point the story he clearly watched used.