Fox News is simply un-American

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dscuber9000, Nov 6, 2012.

1. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I just got back from a restaurant that had Fox News running on their TVs and I almost wanted to throw up. ALL they were talking about for the last 45 minutes was that bullcrap black panther story, some gym in a polling place that had an Obama mural (which got covered up), and even flashed up an Email address to report voting fraud.

Fox News knows Obama is going to win the election so they are trying to instill doubt and create controversy. It's despicable. I can't believe people watch that garbage and think they are watching anything beyond propaganda.

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I watch it occasionally for comic relief. The day that the Supreme Court ruled on Obamacare, Jon Stewart aired a segment from them and they initially got it wrong (like everyone did).

But when the satellite reporter said that it was overturned, you can hear the studio anchor give an audible sigh of relief. I guess it's good that their employees believe the Santorum that they're spewing, but sad that they would think its helpful for the country.

3. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Fox News is merely a TV network with a political agenda. Is it wrong that they do it under the guise of news? Yes. Are they often factually inaccurate? Yes.

But remember, liberals have Chris Matthews :p

4. leenak macrumors 68020

I used to work in a facility that had Fox news on in the break room. I had no preconceived notions about Fox up until that point. I watched it and was amazed at the crap that spewed from the tv. My last straw was when one of their 'news casters' interviewing a credible eye witness started telling the eye witness that what they were saying was wrong. The eye witness had to shut them down by saying that they were there, they saw it and the 'news caster' obviously wasn't. I can't imagine bringing someone on to interview about an event, someone who is considered an authority and then tell them that they were lying.

5. dime21 macrumors 6502

Hate groups stationed at polling doors is a non issue? Even when the very same hate group showed up armed, and threatened violance against voters and poll watchers at the previous election? Wake up buddy, seriously.

A flagrant violation of federal voting law is a non issue? A large mural of Obama with Obama campaign logo that was NOT covered up is flat out illegal. It's against the law. I guarantee you if a polling place had an enormous Romney-Ryan painting on the wall next to the booths, it would be front page news on MSNBC and Huffpost and you'd be jumping all over it.

6. dscuber9000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

When nothing is in Obama or the Obama campaign's control? No, it's not a national issue. At all. Even close.

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I wish I knew Obama was going to win.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable right now.

The feeling of dread wouldn't be lingering in the background.

8. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Watching from Europe, I feel your pain. And unease.

I remember GW (and the shame of Florida, the first time, and the vicious treatment of John kerry the second time), and his father (and the appalling campaign which traduced and destroyed Michael Dukakis), and the election of Ronald Reagan.......

Who says the Republicans don't fight dirty?

Worst of all, I remember going to bed after 2 a.m. on election night in 2000, thinking while yawning that Al Gore might have won, that we would be in for a boring (but safe, and above all, sane) four years. It sounds almost like one of those alternative time-line episodes of Star Trek, or TNG, that I love so much.

But it wasn't to be. Alas, I awoke to an utterly changed universe.

9. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I understand that New Zealand is lovely this time of year.

10. Ariii macrumors 6502a

Ariii

I can't believe just a mural would upset them, let alone covered up... it doesn't make any statement about the candidates at all. I live in the most conserverative suburb and in the polling place I saw, a woman there had anti-Obama propaganda magazines lined up in the room...

11. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

BREAKING NEWS... LIBERAL PERSON HATES FOXNEWS. More at 11.

12. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

un-American? Quite the opposite in my opinion.

Channels like FOX and MSNBC (when that channel was still around) provide lulzy entertainment.

God Bless em for that.

13. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I think is Ok they do it and their mountain of BS, It's very american in my opinion since they can do whatever they please even if factually wrong.

14. dscuber9000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's not free speech that ruffles my feathers. People can say all they want in my opinion. It's the deliberate attempt to instill vitriol into the President's re-election due to total butthurt-ness that pisses me off.