fox News Least Coverage For Hati Quake. Updated

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Jan 14, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

This is Quite Sad but not surpising. Figures are in for the Coverage on the quake and Fox news Prime time in which Fox barely even touch a total of 6 Minuets . Even there Early afternoon coverag i was slightly browsing threw today and even Cauvito was bashing some Dem Congressman on the Bailouts.

here are the full details of the shows in Coverage detail

http://mediamatters.org/research/201001140029

2. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Fox News, Anderson Cooper See Strong Ratings With Haiti Coverage
    Mediaite.com
    by Steve Krakauer | 6:28 pm, January 14th, 2010
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-anderson-cooper-see-strong-ratings-with-haiti-coverage/
    • With Haiti coverage dominating the cable news networks Wednesday, Fox News held strong to its #1 spot in total day and prime time, A25-54 demographic and total viewers. But one specific show with strong ratings (and positive critical reaction) was Anderson Cooper’s 10pmET hour on CNN, which was #1 in the demo.
    • The top show in both categories was Bill O’Reilly’s 8pmET hour, while Glenn Beck’s interview with Sarah Palin was #2.

3. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Nowhere in that link does it even mention how much Fox news covered the earthquake. Actually, the headline is the only mention of Haiti and then there is just a broad stroke of "cable news networks".

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No big surprise. These people are only known to be concerned with themselves.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Full of ****ing ****, I was working for at least 6 hours in which I heard Haiti coverage over and over again. Pack your bags and **** off.

Mediamatters=liberal ****. You are harming yourself by following it.

6. MacHipster macrumors 6502

You worked 6 hours between 8 PM and 11PM EST? That's amazing!

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

8. MacHipster macrumors 6502

Actually, my reading comrehension skills are apt. Macfan881's post and the article states, "Figures are in for the Coverage on the quake and Fox news Primetime in which Fox barely even touch a total of 6 minutes." So, since your reading skills are superior to mine, could you explain how you worked 6 hours between the hours of 8 PM and 11 PM EST?

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Fox news coverage lasts longer then 8pm - 11pm so you might want to tell the original thread poster to rephrase their title. They were covering Haiti all ****ing day.

10. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Just goes to show Fox "news" during prime time isn't news. It's entertainment just like FOX said.

And I might add I just turned to Fox News and it's 10:25PM here and the only thing on is Greta van sustern babbling about some anti-Obama crap.

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

They covered it all day, what are they seriously going to do at night? They aren't even supposed to land planes/helis after dark.

12. MacHipster macrumors 6502

But the issue isn't that Fox News didn't cover the disaster in Haiti, the topic is how Fox News covered (or didn't) the disaster on Haiti during primetime. Your response was:

Again, since your reading comprehension is vastly superior, could you explain the discrepency?

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I read a thread title, I read a crap article from a biased media source, I call it like it is. They covered the situation well, more people probably saw from fox then anywhere else since they have 10x better ratings then any other ****** station. Job done. They can't land helis at night by protocol, there is nothing to cover during prime time.

14. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

Truth Hurts dont it.

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Anyone who isn't paying attention to the media today just ate this **** up. Luckily I watched all 4 stations while working so I could call your ********.

16. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Did you watch Greta whatshername at 10-11PM ?

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I watch the news, not the prime time smuck fest, after 4pm cst fox news is done. The title of this thread was misleading to say the least.

18. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

:confused:

19. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

Now you're just backpedaling and making up excuses.

20. Surely Guest

Surely

The OP clearly says "Prime time".

Maybe you should calm down, ZA.

The linked article:
    How is that liberal bias?

The article specifically talks about FNC PrimeTime. Y'know, Prime time, the time of day when the MOST people are watching. Wouldn't covering a monumental disaster during that time for more than 7 minutes be helpful in spreading the importance of that event to the largest possible audience?

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Day = morning till you get off work. I might have been an ******* earlier and I apoligize to MacHipster, but they did cover the event for most of the day. This thread played it off as if they didn't cover it at all.

22. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The thread specifically says "fox news least coverage of haiti quake". I read what was in the post, and instantly knew it was ******** having listened to multiple stations all day. Should I calm down? Yes. But it pisses me off that we are firing off on fox again when no one here even bothers to watch it during "news time", they instead watch the opinion times and go off.

Once again protocol doesn't allow helis to land at night, there was nothing to cover.

23. Surely Guest

Surely

Nothing to cover? So WTH are the other channels showing? Nothing. :rolleyes:

If FNC doesn't want that rep, then they should show news during Prime Time. If they choose to show those ridiculous BS opinion-based clown shows during the time period that has the most viewers, they reap the rep that they sow.

People are working during the day, not watching tv. People are home at night, sitting on the couch, watching tv. That's why 8-11pm is prime time.

The OP and the link refer to prime time. Maybe you should read things before you react.

24. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Maybe Fox should stop calling Hannity,O'Reilley and Beck news programs then.

And before you say they don't call these shows "news" the term "fair and balanced news" is thrown all over those shows.

It might help the un-initiated to understand just what FOX means by the use of the word "news".;)

25. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The original post says nothing about prime time, I am not defending fox's prime time coverage, the programming sucks, has no news worth, and is at best comedy well below what I can get from John Stewart on Comedy Network. I do not however like the whole news network to be downplayed because of the prime time showings. Fox does cover most of the major events during the day, just as every other news station does.