Fox News Poll: IRS, Barack Obama, Democrats more popular than teabaggers

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Apr 9, 2010.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

LMFAO!

Full poll results (warning: PDF link)

Code:
    [LEFT]10. – 16. I'm going to read you the names of several individuals. Please tell
    me whether you have a generally favorable or unfavorable opinion of each one.
    If you've never heard of someone, please just say so. (RANDOMIZE)
    SCALE: 1. Favorable 2. Unfavorable 3. (Can't say) 4. Never heard of
    *** SUMMARY CHART ***
    Favorable
    Barack Obama 50%
    The Internal Revenue Service 49%
    The Democratic Party 42%
    The Republican Party 40%
    The Tea Party Movement 36%
    Nancy Pelosi 29%
    Harry Reid 16%[/LEFT]
    John Boehner 12%
    I guess not even Faux could fudge the numbers on a gap that large.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh but- REAL Americans will vote out all the Democrats in the fall! :D:D:D

3. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

So 50% have an unfavorable opinion of Barry a week before his alleged treaty signing? That's actually higher than expected! Thanks for the confirmation that half the nation objects to the president.

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Exactly, lol. If it was a poll about Bush, it would be titled...

Half the country wants Bush out of Office!

Anything to make their side look better.

5. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Is the thread title inaccurate?

6. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

No. However, based on the objectives of not only the OP but Lee, who commented directly below, this isn't just a posting of numbers with no bias.

Check out the OP's "LMAO" and Lee's sarcasm.

7. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

When you submit a thread, you're allowed to make comments on the link and issue. Some people prefer snark, some people prefer analysis, some people prefer both at different times. In this case yg17 decided to be snarky, but if you look through the numbers, you'll see that for all voters the Tea Party has very low numbers compared to President Barack Obama—which by the way is the title the Fox News poll should have used.

One of the things the Fox News poll illustrates is how highly partisan most respondents are, Democrats on one side and Republicans on another with Independents and 'Don't Know' filling the gaps. This is true for many different issues.

8. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Just read the numbers in the linked file.

The disapproval rating for the president has a 5% DK showing, so "half the country" disapproves of him is not correct. I venture a solid quarter of that disapproval rating is composed of people who think he is too far to the right (seriously). I base that theory on other poll numbers that put the D/R approval split in the 80% range for the Ds, agin the Rs.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

If you want to dispute the numbers, please try.

I was merely commenting on the fact that the Teabaggers seem to think they have it all in the bag in November. They don't, and they shouldn't continue to think they do.

10. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

1. Do you approve or disapprove of the job Barack Obama is doing as president?
    Approve Disapprove (Don’t know)
    43% 48% 9%

This is the latest poll. April 6-7.

So I could argue that REAL Americans WILL vote the Democrats out in the fall...

There is some more interesting statistics in the PDF... such as 62% disagreeing with Obama's federal deficit...

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Approval ratings don't dictate election outcomes. Especially ones that are so close as those stats you just posted. A lot can change in that time. November is quite a way off.

12. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Why REAL Americans? What's a REAL American? Is this like REAL® cheese?

13. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Every Democrat governor that Obama campaigned for in 2009 lost (Deeds in Virginia) and (Corzine in NJ). The Democrat in the run-off Senate campaign that Obama campaigned for in 2009 lost (Coakley in MA). Polling for fall 2010 House and Senate races show a strong anti-Obama trend as well as a strong anti-incumbent trend (I won't bore you by posting all polls). We conservatives do not, by any means, think we have in "in the bag" for November but based on polls alone Democrat incumbents and Democrats associated with Obama have an upward climb.

14. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I'm confused.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=9603579&highlight=#post9603579

Which is it now?

SLC

15. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Which one should I believe? That the approval ratings of "teabaggers" shows they don't have it in the bag?

Or that the disapproval ratings of Obama don't matter and November will decide?

In one instance you say that approval ratings matter and disprove the "teabaggers" and in another you say that they don't matter and don't effect the democratic outcome in November...

It's fun to twist things for your own agenda isn't it? ;)

16. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Seriously, you've been eating too much Elmers glue. ;)

Do you hear those on the left claiming that the bad approval ratings now show that the Democrats are going to win, or just how uncertain things are in fact for the Republicans/Tea Baggers (they are the same thing - we should stop separating them). The disapproval ratings for Obama are further proof that things are uncertain.

The point is that you can't take todays poll numbers and claim a certain win in November, and using today's poll numbers to demonstrate that point is not inconsistent.

(edit) Sorry about the Elmers reference. I just saw you raised horses. Cows and pigs are good for eating, while horses are sticky. They run fast too. :D

17. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I know this. Reread Lee's posts and my post after them again. If you still don't get what the point of it was then I don't know what to tell you.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I never made any claim either way.

You're the one reading into my posts. All I said is that the teabaggers should not act as if they are going to sweep out all the Democrats in November. It's far too early to say that. The approval ratings you posted are so close, that it's impossible to draw any sort of conclusion. The approval ratings for the teabaggers are not even close, which indicates to me that they shouldn't assume anything about November.

That's all I said, nothing more.

19. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

20. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Yes but your link takes us to Foxnews, so as long as you click on it, you're not personally increasing traffic onto their site, but you're asking others to.

Sorta hypocritical, I'd expect you to completely ignore them. But a chance to take yet another lame shot at the tea-party and the Republicans was too much to resist wasn't it?

Typical.

SLC

21. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Technically, since it's a PDF and, AFAIK, you can't have revenue ads in PDF files since there's no way to track that sort of thing from a PDF, they're not going to see any increased ad revenue from someone clicking that link. It's probably the same reason ThinkProgress linked directly to the PDF rather than the story on their site about that poll, assuming there is one.

22. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

Seriously?

[​IMG]

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yep- seriously. Sad, isn't it? You would think that people would understand the irony.

24. bobertoq macrumors 6502a

You're saying that when Obama had they highest approval rating of everything on the list? Over 60% of the country has an unfavorable opinion of the Tea Party movement... Oh, and what was Bush's approval rating again?

25. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

A lame facepalm graphic is all you got?

Why don't you explain why you think the comment fails?

The link does go directly to the Fox News website, I'd imagine that contributes to the traffic they can claim when soliciting advertisers.

That facepalm graphic is nothing more than a reflex for people who don't agree, but can't express why. Next time, try explaining yourself when you use the graphic.

SLC