Fox News Rally for more than 300 Campaigners

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Apr 21, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Media Matters Posted a Really good article on how Fox News helps contribute to the GOP in basically in every state. I'm really Surprise after reading this article that the FCC or anyone else hasn't stepped in on this especially when they advertise as "Fair and Balance"

take a look at the article

http://mediamatters.org/research/201004210012

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

They should not be able to use the phrase "fair and balanced" if they are only funding Republican politicians. But really, should a news station be funding politicians at all?

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

It'll be interesting to see what happens to FOX once RightTV starts up, providing an alternative for viewers who think FOX is too middle-of-the-road for their political tastes. With the direction the GOP and GOP-leaning conservatives are taking these days, FOX may soon find itself out in the cold as people migrate towards a "real" conservative alternative.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Then the question is with RIGHT TV be more bias than the North Korean media?

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

WTF is RightTV? Do they just wear white hoods and Heil Hitler all day? I mean, seriously, how much worse can it get than Fox News?

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I think it'll give IRNA and KCNA a run for their money in the bias department, especially during the next republican administration.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

From your mouth to sky fairy's ears. :D

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Lee, that's a whole 'nother story.

Comcast is looking for government approval to merge with and/or take over NBC.

The other day Crooks and Liars reported that Comcast was also planning to put RightNetwork on its system. Unlike Fox, RightNetwork doesn't even pretend to be news. It's all conservative, all the time.

Having two right-wing networks is worrisome enough, as if we didn't have enough propaganda now. But consider that Comcast's chairman, Ed Snider, is a bigwig in conservative circles and an investor in RightNetwork.

If Comcast gets control of NBC, it also gets control of MSNBC. So in addition to two right-wing networks, how long do you suppose Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow and the like would last?

To me, that would almost complete a right-wing takeover of the media in this country.

At the moment, Comcast denies the rumor about RightNetwork, but Crooks and Liars stands by its reporting.

Original report
    Comcast denial
    Denial as posted on Politico
    Who funds Comcast
    Stop the Comcast-NBC merger petition

9. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

People like KO and Maddow, along with the Daily Show, are the only bastions of left wing thought left in this country (on television).

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

By the way, my apologies for taking this topic down the Comcast side road. It's an extremely important topic, though.

With reference to the original topic, it's appalling that Fox's people are so blatantly participatory in conservative politics. I can't think of a single time I've seen Keith Olbermann or Dylan Ratigan host a Democratic fundraiser, can you?

(Thank God a certain person isn't around anymore. This is about the point he'd chime in to remind me that that was the "old school" of journalism, and it doesn't work that way anymore, and Fox's ratings "prove" it.)

In the good old days, this is indeed the kind of thing the FCC would have been all over. I really wish the FCC would, if not take their license, at least prevent them from advertising themselves as a news channel.

11. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I thought we were vociferous lamenters of partisan links, such Rasmussen, Free Press, Fox News and Media Matters. Or perhaps I'm thinking of a different forum.

12. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Ratigan, KO, and Maddow ROUTINELY criticize the president, practically every day. And they're "liberal". :D