Fox News responds to rabbis calling for sanctions on Glenn Beck

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by likemyorbs, Jan 27, 2011.

1. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Not sure if you guys know the story, but Beck talked a lot of crap about George Soros confiscating land from Jews in nazi occupied hungary. The rabbis said..

"The signatories of Thursday's letter conclude: "It is not appropriate to accuse a 14-year old Jew hiding with a Christian family in Nazi-occupied Hungary of sending his people to death camps. It is not appropriate to call executives of another news agency 'Nazis.' And it is not appropriate to make literally hundreds of on-air references to the Holocaust and Nazis when characterizing people with whom you disagree."

Fox news responds with:
    "We haven't seen the ad, but this group is a George Soros backed left-wing political organization that has been trying to engage Glenn Beck primarily for publicity purposes."

Fox news really has no shame, and Beck hasn't commented yet. If you were a jew in nazi occupied hungary, would you not hide with a christian family if you could, and do whatever you needed to do to blend in with them? And Beck also called the family anti-semites because their job was to confiscate land from jews, AS IF THEY HAD A CHOICE. Beck is so disgusting. Please read the article and comment.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecu...wcm9tb3NfYmxvZ19odG1sBHNsawNmb3hkaXNtaXNzZXM-

2. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

Regardless of his comments on George Soros, Beck and Fox News' constant use of Nazi imagery to push their own political agenda is alone quite offensive.

3. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Glen Beck is a world class buffoon and Fox is his sinister handler. His use of the word Nazi has been inappropriate.

4. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Yeah, his nazi crap would never fly in Germany. Funny, part is he's 100% german himself.

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I'm glad to see someone calling out Beck on some of this BS. But am I missing something about the connection between "confiscating lands" and a young Jew hiding with Christians?

6. Tower-Union macrumors 6502

Tower-Union

When it comes to Glen Beck I find its best to start with the assumption that your missing some kind of "connection" that he sees.

7. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

The christian family he was hiding with was assigned a chore by the nazis. The chore was to go around town and give jews their land confiscation letters, and their son would be the one to do it. Soros would go around with him and accompany him. Which goes to show you the nazis terrorized everyone, they just had a special preference toward jews.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That Fox-speak for "You got us. Our man Beck is a morally bankrupt idiot. But we have this convenient excuse which we know our ignorant audience will fall for, and we're going to hide behind that."

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Fox News is not only irresponsible, they support liars. This guy has got to go. How can any organization claiming to be a "news" channel support someone like this?

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

This stuff is pretty disgusting.

11. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

I clicked on the OP's link and was reading some of the comments below. Big mistake. The racism and anti-semitism is rampant and there are multiple threats of killing liberals—and enjoying it. These are disturbed individuals that don't need a lunatic like Beck to egg them on.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

OMG- some of them should be locked up! Those comments were just insane!

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Those are tame compared to the crap you can find on foxnation.com

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh, but hey- them are just reg'lar hard workin' folk. They ain't no racists or ho-mo-phobes! :rolleyes:

15. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

There is a reason that Fox News has had its credibility poll results fall so much.

PPP Link

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, that gives me a bit of hope. Doesn't speak well of conservatives though.

17. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Fox News has allowed its pundits to go so far off the scale of "typical" or "normal," that I've seen places that always have a news channel on switch from Fox to other stations to avoid losing customers.

When watching Fox News becomes a stigma, as it is rapidly becoming, they will have to change something.

18. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

The problem with yahoo comments is that the ANYONE can comment on the story and not have to worry about having their account shut down or anything. It's truly anonymous and not really a forum like this. I personally think yahoo needs to get rid of comments on their stories, because they attract all the nutjobs and a lot of trolls.

19. AhmedFaisal, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2011
  20. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Remember, NBC News used explosives to make a truck explode into flames and then aired a story blaming the tank design in GM trucks.

Cheers (what ever the means)

21. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Ok, totally off topic but i looked up that word on wikipedia because i didn't know what it meant. And i found something interesting from the article talking about ethnic germans around the world:

"In the United Kingdom, there exists a German-Briton ethnic group of around 300,000. Some are descended from nineteenth century immigrants. Others are 20th century immigrants and their descendants: Jews who fled Germany in the 1930s (and are unlikely to identify first as ethnic Germans)"

My question is, are Germans Jews ethnically german? or are they their own ethnicity? My opinion is whether they like it or not, they ARE ethnic Germans. Before the holocaust, they did identify themselves as Germans first.

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yeah, but they didn't take that to court...

23. freeny, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011

freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

True, we do have FOX to thank for the right for news organizations to lie and call it news.