FOX news Shepard Smith outraged by GOP blocking 9/11 responders aid...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by freeny, Dec 18, 2010.

1. iJohnHenry, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010

iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Faux News takes a stand?? Exceptional. :D

EDIT: I cannot even formulate a reply to this result.

Viacom is in the the pay of the Man.

Excuse his language, but I fully understand his frustration.

2. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

I wonder if the angry Tea Party sentiment has made Republicans too scared to vote for common decency. Unwilling to pay for the illnesses the people got for saving lives at Ground Zero? But so worried about the "offending" the 9/11 families and survivors by having a mosque a few blocks away? And so concerned about billionaires not keeping their tax cuts?

3. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

4. coolmacguy macrumors regular

Nice to see at least one journalist on Fox with some integrity left.

5. likemyorbs, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010

likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

They are disgusting for voting against it. Too bad this didn't happen before the november elections. Voters probably won't remember this in two years. I honestly hope that they do more idiotic things over these next two years to piss off voters. This way obama gets reelected and we get our supermajority back. The republicans need to be destroyed, they just stand in the way of progress and frankly its getting irritating. They're even pissing eachother off now, good shiz.

6. macfan881 macrumors 68020

I've always said shepeards the one with the most comon sense on that station why he choses to surround himself with the rest of the baboons at the zoo is beyond me. :D

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I agree. This is not the first time he has spoken out and taken a position opposite of his employer. And please don't tell me FOX isn't against the bill. If they weren't, they'd be stirring up faux rage like they did with the Muslim YMCA being build in downtown NYC.

Why he stays? I'd guess the 6 zeroes in fis paycheck.

8. Blue Velvet, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2010

Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Don't be fooled.

Note that Shep Smith never uses the word 'Republicans' or the 'Republican Party'. It's 'them' or 'they' or 'these people' or 'politicians', carefully giving the impression that Congress as a whole is at fault... and those who don't pay a lot of attention to politics, would assume that since the Democratic Party holds the working majority at the moment in both chambers, that's it's those evil liberals that blocked this bill.

Nothing to be impressed by at all. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

Edit: Also, note the pictures in the clip that accompany the story as he's ranting with Chris Wallace. A shot of the White House and an empty presidential podium in the briefing room.

Propaganda, pure and simple.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Good point. I also love how they put up a chyron about Obama taking a trip as they're discussing it.

OT, why does FOX News hate Christmas? :D

[​IMG]

10. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Sneaky little devils. And I like how the only billionaire he mentions by name who gets to keep his tax cut is Warren Buffett.

11. macfan881 macrumors 68020

because if they used christmas it would go against there argument that Obama is really a Muslim :D