Fox News: Universal health care breeds terrorists

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jul 7, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

thinkprogress

[​IMG]

who makes up this stuff? amazing imagination.

2. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

This is completely absurd. I can't believe this passes for journalism in this country.

Just another reason for me to leave and never look back.

3. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I'll be glad to be an ex-pat soon.

4. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I don't mean to distract from the original topic of the thread, but where are you moving?

5. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

I'd have to say opening up a $200,000.00 bill for a hospital stay would strike
    terror into the hearts of most families.

This just shows how much corporate interests dictate what they want us to think.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That is simply desperate, on a par with Cheney's "I'm not in the Executive Branch."

It's such a ridiculous argument on its face that I wouldn't worry about it much...unless the neocons seize on it and keep repeating it. You know the GOP propaganda machine and their patron saint, Joseph Goebbels....

7. Edandlindz28 macrumors regular

That is stupid. I guess we should go to herbalism, but then I might become an eco terriost:eek:

It goes back to don't believe everything you hear/read.

8. walangij macrumors 6502

Another WTF moment on Fox News. The only ones who will be hurt from this is as FFTT said are corporate interests. My question is why is the media machine of neocons so far ahead of the left/moderates and so influential? The diffuse liberal media seems too bleh...they need to catch up for the sake of the country.

9. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

There is no such thing left in this country.

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I wouldn't go quite that far.

Keith Olbermann, Bill Moyers, the McClatchy newspapers all do a good job of digging beyond the White House bull**** (or WHBS, as I like to call it).

But I'll agree that they are vastly outnumbered by those who are anything from wimps to outright corporate/government ass-kissers. Journalism isn't completely dead...but it has been backed into a tiny little corner.

11. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

wow, glad I'm not the only one.

you forgot Bill O'reilly, silly, he's great.

anyways to the story, wow.

12. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I wouldn't take Cavuto and Fox News as being representative of anything but the right wing echo-chamber. More and more, these people are simply preaching to their own, shrinking choir. Health care is one of those issues that can no longer be marginalized by these demagogues of the Right, if only because too many people understand it all too well -- it affects them and their families directly. So what if the lunatics have their own "news" channel? They are only showing themselves to be progressively more out of touch, and more shrill in the bargain. I find myself worrying about it less and less.

13. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

I disagree. At least as far as "mainstream" outlets go - that includes McClatchy to some extent. But as far as CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN and the rest go. I don't trust a single thing they report as being in any sense of the word "objective". Moyers has historically been ok, but recently I think he's lost some objectivity. I don't follow Olbermann so I'll check him out - thanks for the referral!

14. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

"He argued that national health care systems are breeding grounds for terrorists because they are “bureaucratic.” “I think the terrorists have shown over and over again…they’re very good at gaming the system with bureaucracies,” said Bowyer."

Bureaucracy runs rampant in Washington D.C.

Does this mean The U.S. Capitol is the home to "terrorist" ?
    ;)

15. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

we should eradicate the capitol, to prevent terrorism. Who's with me? charge!

16. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

My point is, if someone is tired of the good ole USA and her policies such as it5five clearly stated and wants to leave which he also clearly stated, then more power to him. There are many other countries he can choose for his citizenship.

Bottom line, if you are going to threaten to leave the US for whatever reason, then put your money where your mouth is and leave.

And I thought we were not supposed to attack each other on this board. Silly me. ;)

17. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

How much do you think FOX got from health insurance companies for running that?

I love how the US runs on people's fears. Did someone say terrorism???:rolleyes:

18. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

"Love it or leave it" is a bit old, don't you think?

19. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

That is not what I am saying at all.

Let me try one more time for those of you who do not seem to get it.

If you say I hate America and I want to leave, then fine. Then do it. Put your money where your mouth is and leave. Start a new life somewhere else.

If on the other hand, you say I hate the way America does X or Y, and want to change it, then fine...as long as it is done through peaceful means.

Make sense? Hope so.

20. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

I think that is crossing the minds of a lot of people. As for that nonsense on Fox, is anyone really surprised?

21. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Ironically, the U.S. has long been and remains the world's top destination for people desiring to start a new life. That said, I understand the frustration many Americans feel for the direction the county has taken over the past however many years. I feel that frustration (not to mention, embarrassment) deeply and no less than anyone. Maybe I'm showing my age and the affects of having lived though several major political swings, but having grit my teeth for last seven years until they are ground down, I still know that this national nightmare will end soon.

No disrespect intended to any other country, but I'm not going anywhere, let alone making any empty threats to leave the U.S., and not least of all because Fox News is still populated with morons.

This too shall pass.

22. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

What you've done is create a black and white solution to a problem that's colored in a multitude of grays. Life is not that simple and you should know that too.

You've not once enquired what it5five's circumstances are. Perhaps that would be a good idea before you start in on your über-patriotic rants.

23. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I think you're not being very fair to sushi. I've had lots of discussion and debate with him over the years, probably disagreeing more than agreeing, but I've never found him to be the least bit binary, let alone "über-patriotic" in his thinking.

24. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

That is a very curious comment on Bill Moyers. I think he is the single strongest voice we have for getting journalism back on track. But, Moyers is not a reporter. He is a columnist. Do you understand the difference? A columnist does express opinion. They are not bound by merely reporting facts. He is definitely against the war and the deceits which led us there. He equally blames the media for their role in selling the war. He attacks the neocons. He is on a crusade to expose the WH for what it is. There are few columnists who can do an in-depth story about Pat Robertson's Law School, interview Jon Stewart, both in the same show and come away with pats on the back from both.

I think what we are doing right here, on MR, is the best thing we have going for us. You can come to your favorite site/forum and learn far more than was ever possible before. We are not confined to what the networks think is important. We also get feedback from others, like ourselves, and not the spin masters. If a particular subject interests us, we can drill down and find hours of related stories from all over the world. The best thing is, you can forward the information to others. There are several members of this forum for whom I feel a great deal of gratitude toward. They find and share many great stories I have missed. Zimv20 is particularly good at it.

25. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

How far can you actually run? George has ICBMs. :eek: