FOX News War on Xmas Interviews Santa

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Dec 22, 2012.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This is just priceless. FOX has Santa Claus on to talk about the "War on Christmas". Then some bloggers did a little research on Santa. (video at link)

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I didn't realize a war on Christmas existed...

That being said I do object to people getting anal retentive and politically correct over Christmas as I despise political correctness. It does nothing but create pussies out of everyone and teaches that getting offended can get you places.

Its a Christmas tree, not a holiday tree. No one calls a Menorah a "holiday candle holder".

If someone doesn't celebrate Christmas oh well, suck it up. I don't celebrate Hanukkah or Kwanza or Winter Solstice but I'll gladly wish others well for those holidays and not care if they wished me a happy Solstice, Hanukkah, or Kwanza.

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Despite my love for political correctness, I've never called it a "holiday tree".

I practice my political correctness by not giving a dime to the Salvation Army.

That practice will change if they change their position on homosexuality.

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I don't donate to them either after finding that out. A real charity helps everyone in need not just straight people.

In fact, I haven't even seen one bell ringer this year...I'm wondering if stores are not letting them out front due to this?

5. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

According to the NT, jesus was born in September, not December, so the xtians must be celebrating the holy copulation rather than the actual birth. Yule is a pagan holiday.

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I've got plenty in my town.

I stiff every one.

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Ya pretty much from what I know early Christians moved Christmas to cover up Yule.

8. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

What War on Christmas?

And I assume since it's past 12/21/2012 and we are still here, we are still having it... :eek:

;)

9. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

This "war" has actually been waged for centuries. In reality Christmas has had both a sacred and secular element from the very beginning. Puritans once tried to ban the latter.

10. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Only is some people's minds who have trouble accepting that we are not just a Christian nation and it's not right to be shoving Christianity down everyone's throats in Federal buildings. The way to handle that is no specific religion displays or allow all religions who want their version of Xmas on display in government facilities. I'd say that is reasonable.

11. Mac'nCheese, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012

Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Wait....they what?!? The Salvation Army? Off to google....

Edit: that didnt take long. A real eye opener. Used to give my kids change all the time for those guys. Now....

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I can save you the trip ...

Do I think the SA is evil?

No.

But am I going to support a Christian church that believes homosexuality goes against the will of God and expects gays to remain celibate?

No way.

20% of your donation supports the church, not the charitable acts they perform.

Mormons don't even tithe that much.