Fox pundit: Atheists fighting government prayer are basically ‘Hitler’

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
A Fox News pundit has to be about the lowest form of life there is in the news world.

I'd just ignore it.

He's just seeking attention.

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
Why is it noteworthy every time someone on Fox News says something insane? At this point, everyone should recognize that they are NOT, in fact, a news station, but a 24-hour tabloid. If anything, they should be compared to the Weekly World News, who brought us such breaking news as "Bat Boy Found in Cave" and "Chupacapra Exists." Both Fox News and the Weekly World News have the term 'news' in their title, both claim to be accurate without question ("Fair and Balanced" vs "The World's Only Reliable News Source") and both say insane things just to have people listen.

P-Worm

localoid

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2007
America's Third World
... If anything, they should be compared to the Weekly World News, who brought us such breaking news as "Bat Boy Found in Cave" and "Chupacapra Exists." ...
Seriously? How could anything compare with the report "Bat Child Found in Cave", which spawned one of the most culturally relevant musicals of the 20th century?

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Replace Fox with MSNBC, replace Atheist with Christian, replace fighting with forcing, and Fox "News" pundits would be having a fit and demanding someone be fired.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
To refute the quote in the first post of this thread:
Hitler's Religious Beliefs

Many American books, television documentaries, and Sunday sermons that preach of Hitler's "evil" have eliminated Hitler's god for their Christian audiences, but one only has to read from his own writings to appreciate that Hitler's God equals the same God of the Christian Bible. Hitler held many hysterical beliefs which not only include, God and Providence but also Fate, Social Darwinism, and ideological politics. He spoke, unashamedly, about God, fanaticism, idealism, dogma, and the power of propaganda. Hitler held strong faith in all his convictions. He justified his fight for the German people and against Jews by using Godly and Biblical reasoning. Indeed, one of his most revealing statements makes this quite clear:

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."
Hitler is the wrong person to hold up as the example of Atheism gone amuck.

Last edited:

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Replace Fox with MSNBC, replace Atheist with Christian, replace fighting with forcing, and Fox "News" pundits would be having a fit and demanding someone be fired.
That made absolutely no sense.

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
That made absolutely no sense.
The headline is "Fox pundit: Atheists fighting government prayer are basically ‘Hitler’"

If the headline was "MSNBC pundit: Christians forcing government prayer are basically ‘Hitler’" then Faux News would be having a hissy fit and demanding resignations.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
Why is it noteworthy every time someone on Fox News says something insane? At this point, everyone should recognize that they are NOT, in fact, a news station, but a 24-hour tabloid. If anything, they should be compared to the Weekly World News, who brought us such breaking news as "Bat Boy Found in Cave" and "Chupacapra Exists." Both Fox News and the Weekly World News have the term 'news' in their title, both claim to be accurate without question ("Fair and Balanced" vs "The World's Only Reliable News Source") and both say insane things just to have people listen.

P-Worm
The problem with Fox News is that we know that, but the people who actually watch it don't. They really do think it's news. And they believe what they are told.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
The headline is "Fox pundit: Atheists fighting government prayer are basically ‘Hitler’"

If the headline was "MSNBC pundit: Christians forcing government prayer are basically ‘Hitler’" then Faux News would be having a hissy fit and demanding resignations.
That's nowhere near true, though.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
why is it that if christians force their faith on others (abortions no help for the poor forced prayer at meetings and so much more) is is perfectly fine and is good. even though it far more resembles hitler.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

This is true, conservatives tend to be very one way when it comes to their "righteous" religious views.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
What, that Fox wouldn't be throwing a fit if someone on the left compared Christians to Hitler?
That MSNBC has, to my knowledge, ever had a pundit on that said anything similar to that. :\

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Never said they did. It was a hypothetical. IF MSNBC had a pundit say that.
I'm just saying, MSNBC is a little more reputable than Fox, I doubt they'd ever do that. :cool:

(Not much more, btw ;))

VulchR

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
If that's true then they will be out of business in the not too distant future because that's a rapidly shrinking demographic. Might this election cycle be the last dying breath of the far right?
Wouldn't that be a pity? :)