Fox refuses to comment after guest calls for Satanists to be gunned down

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Michael Goff, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

This from a program called Mensa Meeting ?

Just wow.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. SoAnyway macrumors 6502

It's Fox "News", what else can you expect from a propaganda channel?

These people do what's best for their politicians by pandering to their base of useful idiots. In this case, we hear about the Satan statue while we hear nothing about Chris Christy closing a bridge on that channel.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Being an old child member of MENSA I would expect it to uphold the show's title.

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Since Fox is in league with the devil, they thought it better if they withheld comment. ;)

7. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

No different then rawstory

8. edk99 macrumors 6502a

And we can tune into MSNBC and Chris Matthew's leg is still tingling. Whats your point?

9. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

MSNBC is nowhere near as bad as Fox. False equivalence doesn't help anyone.

10. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

You're right, they're worse!

Indeed!

11. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

I think that that judgment is truly in the eye of the beholder.

12. Huntn, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

MSNBC may express a liberal view now and them ;), but they don't fabricate and they don't abstain when an event hurts their favored elected officials chance of staying in office, or brings their disdain of certain religious views into question. Yes, this is my opinion. :)

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

No one on MSNBC is calling for mass execution of a religious group.

14. SoAnyway macrumors 6502

Just FYI for you all.

I don't pay any attention to the mainstream media. This includes Fox and MSNBC.

Fox is definitely the worst in when it comes to news, if you can even call it that. It's nothing more than a propaganda channel that panders to their base of old 60+ white racist religious extremist demographic. The people at Fox knows that these people are nothing more than useful idiots who are easily to manipulate to further the agenda of the extreme right.

15. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Looks like he apologized, and claimed it was a joke.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fbn-gues...ext-to-statue-they-wish-to-erect-in-oklahoma/

----------

I don't pay attention to Fox news, Fox is definitely the worst? :confused::confused::confused: Based off of how much you pay attention to it, and comparing it with how much you pay attention to it along with the other mainstream media networks?

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

17. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

No, the worst thing that happened at MSNBC was somebody called for somebody to crap in somebody's mouth. MSNBC then basically fired the guy. Fox lies on a more frequent basis.

Not really, there are some objective ways to decide these things. You go from things like the number of lies and how they respond to people who do these sorts of things.

----------

I pointed out how and why Fox is worse, if you'd like to read my response. Also, the 'I was just joking' is a false apology at best. At worst, he's letting everyone known that he has some mental issues.

18. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Not sure, so this was the Don Imus and a guest made such a comment? He should have been called out by by the host right away, whether he was joking or not to at least say something about "all kidding aside, we aren't promoting murder" or something.

----------

Sorry I thought I responded to another person in the thread. Someone who doesn't pay attention to the news, but knows which is the best and worst.

19. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It's rare to see such a brilliant post in the forum. No sarcasm! :)

20. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

I was trying to draw your attention to what I said, nothing more or less.

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Still chewing on that particular bone, those who defend Fox News continue to make a fundamentally simple mistake: two wrongs don't make a right.

Fox News was created part and parcel as an ideological narrative for conservatives, but sold as a news agency. That some sharp bulb at MSNBC decided to take their channel in the ideological opposite doesn't make Fox News defensible, instead it should illustrate to Fox's defenders that an ideologically-driven news channel is corrupt.

A plague o' both your houses.

22. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

If you pay attention to Fox then that's fine. Your opinion at least holds water, but to have no first hand knowledge of a network having such strong opinions is ignorant. Maybe it's the worst and maybe it's the best, don't knock it until you tried it.

23. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I'm sure if you think about it you can see how this:

Doesn't really jive with this:

Are we to assume that you can tell that Fox is the worst based on all that "not payin attention" that you do?

24. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

To be honest, I find the notion of somebody who hasn't paid attention to anything to be... difficult. It's just weird.

25. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

It's weird to me too. I turn on the news all the time. When I am cooking or cleaning I have the TV or radio on. At work I read all types of news sites, but believe me there are people out there that consume about zero hours a week of any type of news, except maybe celebrity gossip. Maybe they have less stress than us.