Fox - The Official Tea Party Network

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Sep 17, 2010.

1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I have to give Sarah Palin points for being honest...

2:50 into the video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUtdrnSs8s

"She's [Christine O'Donnell] gonna have to learn very quickly to dismiss what some of her handlers want. Remember what happened to me in the VP. I used to have to sneak in my phone calls to you guys to say, 'Hey, I'm here,' Palin said. "She's gonna have to dismiss that, go with her gut, get out there, speak to the American people, speak through Fox News, and let the independents who are tuning into you, let them know what it is that she stands for, the principles behind her positions."

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

When was she really in the VP position? ;)

So she is saying she used to do things not authorized by McCain or the his campaign?

3. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Walid bin Talal and the Koch brothers are snickering all the way to the bank.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

5. supercaliber macrumors regular

So it seems she is saying only Fox News treats her fairly. I would agree with those sentiments. Anywhere else and Palin gets the Couric treatment.

Bashing Fox is the same as being against Freedom of Press. Lets just control the media and only allow opinions of people that see things as we want them to. Yeah, sounds like a nice idea. If you live in North Korea.

6. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Yeah, that sneaky Couric and her "gotcha journalism". Asking someone what newspapers they read! And bashing fox is no where near the same as being against freedom of the press. Bashing fox is using your freedom of speech to criticize someone or some business you disagree with. You sound just like Palin. How many times has she cried "How dare they attack me for my views? Don't I have freedom of speech?" Yes, she does. But so do people who disagree with her. Did Lee or anyone else ever say we need to control the media. of course not. But you guys can simply dish it out but can never take it without crying about freedom of speech or press. It goes both ways.

7. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Yeah, gotta hate it when reporters ask questions.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

How dare Katie Couric have the audacity to ask someone running to be the second most powerful person in the country what newspapers she reads and to name a Supreme Court case. Katie Couric should be executed for asking that.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

WTF supercaliber? Should we only ask her questions she's prepared answers for ahead of time?

What did Couric ask her that was so wrong?

10. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Fox "News" only has opinions of one viewpoint. Which is fine. But don't portray them as fair and balanced . . . or as "news."

Also, bashing people for bashing Fox is the same as being against Freedom of Speech.

11. supercaliber macrumors regular

Its not her questions or the "gotcha" journalism that has ever offended me. It is her off-camera, clear bias towards her that offends me the most.

If you are a real journalist, then you have to be objective, which she clearly is not.

The whole Palin/Obama media circus of the past two years has jaded me completely when it comes to the so-called field of "journalism"

But suggesting that any one network is better than another or worse is just sour grapes regarding the tide of public opinion and your own personal points of view. When people are swayed against your point of view, the tendency is to blame the media group supporting views contrary to your own, simple as that.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Let's make sure people can't say anything bad about Fox News. Yeah, sounds like a nice idea. If you live in North Korea. :rolleyes:

13. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Her off camera, clear bias? You hang out with her a lot I guess? And you just kind of shot yourself in the foot with your last part: MEDIA GROUP SUPPORTING VIEWS CONTRARY TO YOUR OWN. Media groups(and we are talking about NEWS groups) shouldn't support anyone's views! That's our problem with Fox.

14. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

In all fairness to North Korea, the KCNA is probably a more accurate source of information than Faux ;)

15. supercaliber macrumors regular

YouTube has Couric laughing about Palin when she thought she was off camera. Oops.

Media groups are not objective anymore, I am not sure they really ever have been.

Don't be so naive to think that any media source isn't just spinning a story to their liking. You pick your favorite source of news because you like the way they report. News reporting is not a commodity, they are all not the same.

You know this, so quit with the silly fantasy world comments "Media groups...shouldn't support anyone's views"

This isn't second grade.

16. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Link?

And why does that make her "non-objective"? Palin is objectively worth laughing at.

17. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Wow! Someone laughed at someone else. Can't believe a word they say anymore. Fantasy world? Fox news claims to be fair and balanced. We say they aren't. If you can't handle the debate without a stupid second grade comment (do second grader's really debate fox news), then go find a forum that agrees with everything you say and you'll never have to hear any debates ever again.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Supercaliber is right- this isn't second grade. But you'd never know that from his posts.

Furthermore, was there something that Couric presented that was false about Palin?

19. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Sarah Palin looked foolish during the Couric interview because she is foolish. There is ample proof of this. Couric just gave enough rope to hang herself with.

Conservatives might hope that Palin wins elections because they hate the Demorcrats, but nobody, conservative or liberal, with a shred of analytical powers would seriously rate Palin as an effective administrator or executive. She's the retired beauty queen face of rabble-rousing anti-intellectualism and she's about as sophisticated as the moose she constantly references (and no more intelligent either).

I got news for you - that's already happened, at least in the case of most TV news. They are for-profit shows and are less concerned about journalistic integrity than they are about ratings vis-a-vis their rivals. This goes for Fox and MSNBC in particular, and to a lesser extent other news stations.

I don't "bash" Fox in the sense of calling for them to be banned, I "bash" their content, which is largely trash. I don't necessarily think they support the Tea Party either (at least offcially) - but they realize that heavy Tea Party coverage is, for them, where the money is at the moment. They'll report whatever "news" they think their viewers want to see.

20. supercaliber macrumors regular

Watch it while you can, most are pulled because they are trying to protect her "objectiveness" and the so called "copyright" fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNorlsJOw_o

You cannot be taken as a serious, objective, trustworthy journalist when you mock the people that you are reporting on. Sorry, its just one of those rules of journalism. Couric is not a real journalist, she lost that objectiveness when she decided to become outwardly political. Now she is really just a commentator, slightly more trustworthy than Beck.

Palin gets support because a huge number of americans are tired of the so-called "intellectuals" shoving their agenda down their throats.

The only danger in fox is they give basically anyone a voice. However, I don't find that dangerous, I absolutely want to hear different opinions.

Palin will never be elected to any office, at best she will be in someone's cabinet. She is a speaker and commentator only. She rallies the troops and gets people to vote. Everyone here can hate her if they choose, but if you want to win an election you better have a cheerleader and someone that will move people off their couches. She does that better than anyone today, at least according to recent primaries.

21. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

Regardless of your opinions of Couric's professionalism/journalism credentials, it wasn't her fault that Palin couldn't name a newspaper she reads, or even name (let alone give an opinion about) a SCOTUS case aside from Roe v Wade. The Couric interview was a total softball, and Palin blew it, plain and simple--and this is coming from a fiscal conservative that can't stand Obama/Pelosi etc (ask the other posters here or look at my previous posting).

22. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

She made fun of someone's name. How is that losing objectiveness and becoming more political? Unless I missed something else (it is pretty hard to hear on my work computer), you are really reaching. You want to really see anchors mocking others and their views, jesus christ, try watching fox and friends.

23. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

It's a conspiracy :roll eyes:. How many have got pulled?

Yes you can. And Palin deserves mocking. She cannot be taken as a serious politician except by the most partisan. She's is entirely vacuous and an embarrasment for america. She's a worldwide laughing stock.

Just like fox news. An outlet that has gone to court to defend it's right to lie about news. An outlet that constantly gets caught making them stories, mislabeling politicians, photoshopping democrats to make the, look uglier, the list goes on. They are entirely indefensible except again by the partisan.

Well it's not.

24. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Just so I'm clear on something. Couric loses some credibility with you because she thought Palin was a bit of a joke, but she did so off camera?

I'm asking because I'm assuming you think O'Reilly, Hannity, and all of Fox News is a joke. They are not serious, objective, trustworthy journalists using your standard. Right?

25. supercaliber macrumors regular

Not a conspiracy, but an embarrassment for Couric
    Everyone that says or does something stupid on camera deserves mocking, including Couric. It is part of being in the public eye. Palin's supporters love the fact that the world and guys like you hate her, makes them love her even more. You and others on this forum are just feeding the fire with your never ending vitriol
    I don't care about what they say only their right to say it.

Read this

http://www.nytco.com/press/ethics.html

particularly on protecting neutrality. Couric Fail.