FOX working hard to reverse the current trend

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DakotaGuy, Oct 8, 2008.

1. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

We all know that Fox is a conservative news source, however they still try to hide behind the whole "Fair and Balanced" tag line. Anyhow this video taken after the debate last night is great. According to Fox math, 7 out of 20 is half the people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0XnADjMjNk

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

X?

I think something happened to your post... ;)

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

4. Queso macrumors G4

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

If Obama wins I'm watching FOX News 24/7, it'll be lol-tastic.

Right now, they remind of Balmer "b-b-but nobody wants an iPhone!"

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Bumming fags is Larry Craig's job :D

7. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Im sure I'll get slammed for this. Fox does have some commentators that are right leaning and that I dont really care for, but overall I do find that network to be reasonably fair and balanced.....much more so than CNN or MSNBC...

8. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

:D Actually they had another article where they fretted over Obama supporters asking homeless people to vote for Obama, so they could have matched the "Obama bums a smoke" headline with "Obama smokes out bums".

Yeah, they should have a panel with Coulter, O'Reilly, Hasselbeck and Limbaugh reacting to a landslide victory for Obama.

9. Clive At Five macrumors 65816

Clive At Five

I did find it interesting that left-leaning CNN's poll had Obama winning roughly 60 - 40 while right-leaning Fox had McCain winning roughly 80 - 20. Even if CNN is half as left as Fox is right, that would, mathematically put McCain ahead by 10 percentage points.

I actually watched the debate on CNN and was thinking McCain sounded terrible. Then I watched the rebroadcast on FOX and he sounded great! I can't explain it. Regardless, I'm not voting for either McCain or Obama. I just watched the debate so I could bash both of them today at watercooler discussions. ;)

-Clive

10. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

if you keep shunning science and factual data, in favour of unproven dogmas, eventually even simple math will be beyond you grasp.

11. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Fox News sucks, the only thing any Fox channels are good for is watching Simpsons.

As I am in the UK, however, I dont really care. :p

12. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Interesting. I have no idea on the logistics behind the debate broadcasts, but if each network gets the candidate microphone feeds independent of each other, it's highly possible that they can do some sound shaping to alter the tonal qualities of each participant.

13. Clive At Five macrumors 65816

Clive At Five

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I wouldn't put it past either network. Even if they get the same audio feed, feasibly one could apply different last-minute filters on-the-fly in-studio to make the candidates sound better or worse.

I also noticed that the more I watched the "approval meter" on CNN, the better or worse I felt, regardless of whether I actually agreed or disagreed with the candidate. Blatant attempts to invoke public approval based on the popular opinion of an unregulated "random sample" is very shifty... and works, unfortunately. Shifty, CNN, very shifty.

It's so frustrating not having an unbiased news source...

-Clive

14. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Ah, but that's your primary mistake. Fox, CNN, and MSNBC are all poor sources of news these days.

CNN used to be better, but has followed Fox into hell; MSNBC got lonely and wandered in behind them.

15. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Of course they could. I was just suggesting that if they got each candidate's mic feed coming in separately, it would be much easier to filter them because each voice would be a distinct track.

16. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

Does CSPAN play the debates? They're pretty unbiased.

17. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I watch them on PBS, there's no annoying graphics all over the place.

18. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I think McCain sounds best on MadTV. Bobby Lee is McCain at his very best.

19. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

HA! I love the nuns in that one. :D

20. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

What about this ACORN vote fraud thing, can they gain any traction with that?

The Ayers tie is a dead end and has been beaten to death, but the Acorn tie is substantial... of course there's no tie between Obama and the actual fraud, but in the guilt-by-association game that doesn't really matter...

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'm sure it will come up. We haven't heard anything since their Las Vegas offices were raided the other day. They certainly don't have a stellar record.

The Times had a good piece of voter fraud yesterday all in swing states.

Surely we can do a better job of this. It's too important for local partisans to be able to manipulate the process.