Foxconn: Anyone had their Apple online store product shipped from the Czech Republic?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by bobrik, Aug 4, 2010.

1. bobrik macrumors member

Hello,

I know that Foxconn has a factory here in the Czech Republic, but I have no way of knowing if it actually makes any products for Apple, so I thought I could carry out a little investigation :)

When ordering a product from Apple's online store, you always get the option to track the status of your delivery, including, after it is shipped, where exactly it currently is on its way to you. The first item in the list is usually something like "Loaded in *", in my case it was Shanghai or similar, probably near some Chinese Foxconn factory.

Has anyone noticed that the product they ordered on Apple's online Store was initially loaded by the delivery service in Czech Republic?

Also, if you post where it was shipped from, please also post the country to which you were shipping (maybe it plays a role).

2. trackpad macrumors newbie

iPhoto book fro Prague

UPS tracking says that a book that I ordered from iPhoto came from prague so apple do use a factory there.