FoxFire on OSX - Where are the headings? How to dupe a window?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DyslexicArtist, Sep 8, 2008.

1. DyslexicArtist macrumors member

FoxFire on OS x new iMac. I cannot figure out how to get those FireFox headings up there like on my PC - The headings say File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Tools, Help..... How can I get them on my imac-Firefox.............. Also, could somebody tell me how to duplicate a whole open window, as in make another window just like it pop up completely (not a tab) but another whole window duplication...Thanks a whole lot!

2. colonels1020 macrumors regular

colonels1020

1. It's called Firefox
    2. On a Mac, everything is in the menu bar at the top of the screen. Get used to it.
    3. To make a new window, File -> New Window, then copy and paste the URL. :p

3. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Are you referring to the location of the File, Edit, etc headings? If so, that's just one of the differences between OS X and Windows. Windows has the menu items attached to the window, but OS X has them attached to the top of the screen.

4. CavemanUK macrumors 6502

CavemanUK

1. The guys name is DyslexicArtist. Even if hes not really dyslexic, I think you could give him the benefit of the doubt and be a little nicer.

2. "Get used to it."!!?... Sorry dyslexicartist, most Mac users are a little more tolerant than this.

3. Good answer. You can also use cmd + N (the cmd key is the one next to the space.. it looks like a square with round circles on each corner).

5. DyslexicArtist thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your answers. There was all the header things right in front of my eyes, there on top of my screen not attached to Firefox....

Thank you, everybody for the good tips, I appreciate it.

Thank you, especially, CavemanUK, for your kind comments. It ain't easy sometimes being dyslexic in my learning process, but once I get it, I get it.... plus I make up for it in talent. So life is good!

I'm appreciative of this forum a great deal and the helpful people.