FoxNews anchors exodus, Greta out! Megan next?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Solomani, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

[​IMG]

Roger Ailes…. what a nasty fat old creep. Over 20 allegations and/or lawsuits against him! <link>

Whut up Roger? Did you and Bill Cosby make some bet to see who could grope the most women? I hope that $20 million settlement with Gretchen is only the beginning. You really need some jail time.

All the female anchors are abandoning ship, thanks to Dirty Roger. I actually found Greta fairly intelligent, the most intelligent of the bunch. And Greta would cover stories that were often non-partisan (the story was compelling regardless if you were Democrat or Republican), like her crusade to bring justice regarding Natalie Holloway's murder. It did help that Greta had a background as a criminal defense lawyer.

Megan Kelly…. you next? <link>

2. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Megan runs that place. Greta lost on a contract negotiation. Roger isn't there anymore so if they're leaving because of "dirty Roger" then they must have liked it.

3. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

4. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68030

Solomani

"They liked it"?? :confused:

5. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

You're claiming they are leaving because of a guy who doesn't work there anymore. That can be the only conclusion.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 8, 2016 ---
    He's off the reservation. Like I said, Megan runs that joint.

6. Solomani, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016

Solomani thread starter macrumors 68030

Solomani

I put a question as to "Megan next?" because of the following…..

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/sources-kelly-said-ailes-sexually-harassed-her.html

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifesty...kelly-reported-roger-ailes-sexual-harassment/

https://msconcerned.com/2016/07/21/megan-kelly-no-one-should-be-harassed-in-the-workplace/

Now, granted, according to the news articles, the alleged harassment was a decade ago. But she's just publicly acknowledging it now. Why? Either Fox pays her more, pays whatever she asks for as compensation, or she can raise hell and bring about a nasty litigation (like the several other women already did. Gretchen just won $20 million) This is a tenuous relationship between her and Fox, no?

@Snoopy4: maybe you're right about she runs the joint now. Maybe Murdoch just told her "Ok woman, just shut up with the sexual harassment thing, we've had enough of that, and do NOT bring that up again, and I'll give you everything, everything! In fact, I'll make you the new boss. Whatever you want. Just don't mention it again, don't rock the boat."

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Fox News is undergoing a transformation. Murdoch's kids are now in charge since Ailes was ousted. Their viewers are dying by the hundreds, maybe thousands every day. I bet we see the Murdochs reconfigure the network. Four or eight years of bashing Hillary are boring.

8. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

She spoke up to push him out. Like I said, she runs the place. Try to keep up. You're over a month behind the times.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 8, 2016 ---
    What a ridiculously ignorant post, from someone who no doubt watches the already dead MSNBC.

9. Solomani, Sep 8, 2016

Solomani thread starter macrumors 68030

Solomani

You're misinformed. Greta just exited a couple days ago. That's not a month ago. That was just Sept 6. FoxNews hasn't been "cleaned up" from all the less Roger left. There are still some unexploded time-bombs left by Roger, even a month after he left.

To re-iterate my point regarding Greta. Her leaving the network is not the end of it. We should be hearing from her lawyer soon on how she wants to resolve this.

10. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

You're completely uninformed.

Roger has been gone since July. Megan's comments were in July and he was subsequently fired following her comments. Your articles are from July, or did you miss the dates on them.

Greta has been in a contract dispute for some time. Try to keep up.

11. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Assuming "Hillary bashing" is the reason. For a cable network, the monthly fee alone to get at channels that litter the viewer with commercials anyway is somewhat expensive to have to pony up...

12. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Lol. Uh no. Roger ailes probably created a culture of misogyny throughout the organization. Hence, just because he is gone doesn't mean everyone is suddenly going to change their attitudes.

13. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

That'll happen when the median age of your viewer is 68 years old. All the younger viewers only hear it because the TVs are turned up so loud in their neighbors trailer.

14. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

You should probably read up on Greta leaving before posting :).

Essentially, Greta's contract along with a few other people at FOX had a clause in their contract that allowed them to leave FOX without penalties when Roger Ailes was let go.

Greta tried to re-negotiate a new contract for more money after Roger Ailes left. FOX said "no" which lead Greta to resign without penalties (she had a 60 day time limit). FOX then then made the resignation immediate.

15. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

She was also Ailes' most outspoken ally. Gonna go out on a limb here and say he likely had no interest in sexually harassing Greta.

16. Plutonius, Sep 8, 2016

Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

No argument there :). She did a good job though and I'm sure she will be missed. I just hate it when people try to renegotiate contracts.

17. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

She must have thought she had good footing for that negotiation, sounds like she didn't expect the outcome. That being said, even if she was in a position to bargain, defending Ailes is probably not something they want their people doing right now.

18. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I mean have you seen Greta?