FoxNews edits quote - Right demands apology

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, Sep 6, 2011.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

If you read the FoxNews article, the full quote is missing, and I can't find a link to a story about the speech. The only thing there is a snippet along with the FoxNews and teaparty conclusions, and demands for an apology.

Everyone uses language that is aggressive when it comes to voting out the other party. They declared war on us. Target xyz. Take em out. It's colorful language, and they have to be very careful in using it (especially when talking to certain uneducated and radical voters), but it's nothing different than that which has been used in elections for decades upon decades.

That being said, FoxNews edits the clip, takes something out of context, the right instantly spreads the edited clip and demands an apology? Doesn't seem very fair or balanced, nor does it seem like reporting of the news, but that's just me.

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Fox being Fox...it's in its nature.

Doesn't make it right (as in correct).

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

The Tea Party is full of wimps. This should prove it. Poor bables. I'll be sure the crocodile cries for them.

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Is not the same as:

And was this taken out of context?

[​IMG]

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Course the Tea Party had no problem when Palin put cross hairs on opposition Politicians. Regardless, Faux News is criminal and should not be tolerated.

6. guzhogi macrumors 68030

guzhogi

Wait, Jimmy Hoffa? I thought he disappeared in the 1970s. Is this a new Jimmy Hoffa? Little confused.

Anyways, as for the quote "Let's take them out" can be thought of as violent. But A. of all, that wasn't the whole quote. B. He didn't specify exactly how to "take them out". Maybe he meant elected them out. Maybe killing. I don't know.

I hate how people nowadays always seem to find a negative connotation in what people say. Before long, I fear anything & everything will be misconstrued as something offensive. And if we don't say/do something, that will be misconstrued as offensive as well.

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Honestly yes I do feel that was taken out of context and right after the shooting of the congress woman it should of been taken down.

Either way what fakenews is doing is worse that that target sheet ever was in the fact they are twisting the facts to make people believe BS.

It would be nice to see fake news sued and loose for lible and defemation.

8. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Hypocrisy at it's finest. What you deem as worse is subjective.

9. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

what you have to explain the Hypocrisy in this one.

I have never changed my view of that target sheet made by the GOP and Teabaggers. I though when people started attacking them for it was uncalled for.

This time there is no way to defend the GOP on this stunt. Fake news was intentionally leaving out key parts of the speach to make sure everything was taken out of context. This is not news they are reporting. This is down right lies. Fox news is not a valid sourse for any infomation. They are the GOP arm for propaganda.

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Hypocrisy is that I don't see how you can claim one is worse than the other. Like it or not, most major news organizations have an agenda. That can be said about ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, ect.

11. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

oh my view of the media is pretty well known and it is pretty low but compared to the others Fox News is by far the worse.

They have more errors per 1000 stories than the others. There viewers time and time again are the LEAST informed and have the most errors.
    Fox news has down right lied more than once. Of the major news out lets fox news is by far the worse by a far margin.
    MSNBC I would give the title to 2nd worse but fox is by far the worse.

Anything reported as a "fact" by fox news should be considered worthless unless pick up by someone else because fox news is the worse of the worse.

12. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Any source for the errors per 1000 stories and how others compare? Don't give me media matters, we all know it's a left wing outfit.

----------

Oh and as far as Hoffa is concerned, a little over 10% of Americans are unionized. They won't be taking anything back and quite frankly, unions served a purpose in the 50's. Today they are a bigger drain on the country than anything. They used to be present to fight big business, now they are a big business.

13. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

So you agree "big business" is bad for our country? So, why are you siding with the right-wing, big-business shills of the Republican party?

14. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I didn't say big business is bad, I said they are a big business. They tend to put themselves in a light of standing up for the little guy, union big wigs aren't much different than CEO's.

I'm a common sense type, not really identifying with democrats or republicans.

I can't self identify as conservative because I am all for gay rights, abortion, freedom of expression, funding for space programs, arts, colleges and universities. I am a strong agnostic and I am certain that this nation is better off secular everywhere but inside churches and private homes. I think trucknuts are retarded and NASCAR is for inbreeds. I think the South losing is the best thing that ever happened in US history.

I can't self identify as a liberal because I oppose entitlement programs, affirmative action, gun control, progressive taxation, the welfare state, the expansion of federal power, judicial activism, and cultural relativism. I think the death penalty is a deterrent and red meat is delicious. I think women who hate men aren't pioneers, they're just bitches, and that there is nothing noble or soulful about being poor. I don't think anyone in Congress knows whats best for me, that smoking in bars makes shooting pool more challenging, and that fur coats are pimp as hell.

15. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

17. Lord Blackadder, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011

Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Fair enough, but you'd better choose someone at the ballot box, otherwise you might as well shut up and go home because you're robbing yourself of any say in things.

P.S., I agree with most of your simplified criticisms of both conservatives and liberals, but I identify as a liberal.

18. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Eh, I guess, though I don't remember any sound and fury when Rick Perry said something similar about Federal Chairman Ben Bernanke.

19. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Here's what Media Matters itself had to say about your blog link. And George Soros is not exactly a huge backer of Media Matters. (And why did you assume the mere mention of Soros was supposed to suggest something unsavory? The man is not exactly Richard Mellon Scaife.)

20. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

21. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

22. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

23. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Faux News hasn't seemed to catch on with the unintelligentsia (sic). ;)

I am leaning towards Fox News-Lite. They drink beer don't they?

They will quickly get the connotation.

:p

24. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I don't know if I'd compare who the voters elect to typical nepotism in a organization. Voters have been know to latch onto famous names. Daley comes to mind in Chicago. I mean these names are supposed to mean some level of competence, but not guaranteed, "W" being the most famous failure along these lines. :)

25. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Gotta love the hypocrisy.