Foxnews/Hannity New Low Call's for Obama to step asside.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Do we really need another Fox is evil thread here, we get it you don't like Fox.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Do we really need another Fox is evil thread here, we get it you don't like Fox.
Yes. I think it is more than fair to point out when people blatantly lie in the media. It's very important to talk about things like this. They should be held accountable and talked about as much as possible.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Yes. I think it is more than fair to point out when people blatantly lie in the media. It's very important to talk about things like this. They should be held accountable and talked about as much as possible.
So why not just make one mega thread about how Fox is evil rather than have a thread a day.

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
Oh now, wait a minute.

He asks if it's time for Obama to step up, or maybe step aside.

You gotta admit that for Sean Inanity and FAUX News that's pretty damn "Fair and Balanced". ;)

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
Didn't see it. It seems like a silly thing to say. I mean, many of us would LIKE to see BHO step aside, but he'd never do that...not in a million years.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Didn't see it. It seems like a silly thing to say. I mean, many of us would LIKE to see BHO step aside, but he'd never do that...not in a million years.
Just curious but how many people called for Bush to step aside?

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
He's only asking if right wingers think he should step aside (of course they would, they wanted him out before he took office and even started the anti-Obama Tea Party)

. . . but why should he step aside? Obama is doing a better job than Bush, and Bush didn't step aside.

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
you do realize the crap that bush pulled off is far worse than anything Obama has done right?
That's ok--his reaction is heartfelt in spite of the facts. That's what makes having an debate, much less a meaningful political conversation, all but impossible in this country.

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
Just curious but how many people called for Bush to step aside?
I think that's a different issue. Hannity appears to be asking Obama to step aside for reasons that are based on falsehoods.

Asking Obama to step down because of something he actually did is a reasonable proposition, but Hannity is being disingenuous.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
He's only asking if right wingers think he should step aside (of course they would, they wanted him out before he took office and even started the anti-Obama Tea Party)

. . . but why should he step aside? Obama is doing a better job than Bush, and Bush didn't step aside.
How exactly is he doing a better job than Bush besides not being a blundering dumb **** when he gives a speech? Still in Iraq, check, still in afghan, check, gays still treated as second class citizens, check. Patriot act reaffirmed, check.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
How exactly is he doing a better job than Bush besides not being a blundering dumb **** when he gives a speech? Still in Iraq, check, still in afghan, check, gays still treated as second class citizens, check. Patriot act reaffirmed, check.
Gee- let's see. First of all, there has been no 9/11, which happened in part because the Bush administration ignored the intel left to them by Clinton...

...and that's just to start.

Let's see what else. Oh, I know- no assaults on gay people, even though there's not much help either. At least Obama isn't coming after us with guns a'blazin'. And at least we got hospital visitation rights.

Hmm... what else? Oh! Health care reform, as crappy as it is, is far more than what Bush did, which was NOTHING.

And let's not forget foreign relations. Our allies seem to like us a little better these days.

Oh, I know- I'm being silly. None of these things are better than Bush.:rolleyes:

yayitsezekiel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Irvine, CA
I agree that we haven't had the smartest people in office lately (yes i mean obama and bush and whatnot), but can't we all just be friends :p lol

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
you do realize the crap that bush pulled off is far worse than anything Obama has done right?
You do realize that not everyone shares your opinion on that, right? That there are many people that think that Obama's election is one of the most dangerous political events in the last 100 years? Those people tend to watch Fox news and it kind of looks like they represent about 1/2 of the country.

Not that I'm one of them, of course. Just sayin'

And let's not forget foreign relations. Our allies seem to like us a little better these days.
Actually, most of those allies snicker at him behind his back...for things like this.

Attachments

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
Actually, most of those allies snicker at him behind his back...for things like this.
Wow. is that all you got?

The President of the United States has a bigger traveling staff than the Queen of England?

I think I'll file that under "No Duh".

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
In addition to what Lee said (especially what Obama didn't do), I'll add a few more:

• Fixing the financial mess created by Bush/Cheney.
  • Working toward including environmental and labor standards in trade agreements, instead of the opposite as did Bush/Cheney.
  • He's trying to eliminate special tax breaks for oil and gas companies, instead of increasing them as did Bush/Cheney.
  • Established a credit card bill of rights.
  • Increased the Veterans Administration budget to recruit and retain more mental health professionals.
  • Required health insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions.
  • Closed the "doughnut hole" in Medicare Part D prescription drug plan.
  • Working to repeal the Bush tax cuts for higher incomes
  • Expanded loan program for small business.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Gee- let's see. First of all, there has been no 9/11, which happened in part because the Bush administration ignored the intel left to them by Clinton...
We've been really lucky, we've dodged 2 bombers in the last few months by sheer luck.

Let's see what else. Oh, I know- no assaults on gay people, even though there's not much help either. At least Obama isn't coming after us with guns a'blazin'. And at least we got hospital visitation rights.
DADT hasn't been repealed yet and is likely to be pushed into his second term if ever. This would be a simple act and yet he has done nothing about it.

Hmm... what else? Oh! Health care reform, as crappy as it is, is far more than what Bush did, which was NOTHING.
We haven't really seen yet if this bad bill is better than the status quo, I have a sneaking feeling it is going to make the system worse and also force everyone into corporate pockets.

Oh, I know- I'm being silly. None of these things are better than Bush.:rolleyes:
This may be the only one I agree with as far as our allies are concerned. Although it falls somewhat in the "not a bumbling idiot" category. Obama can give a speech which helps a lot with the way people view Americans.

In addition to what Lee said (especially what Obama didn't do), I'll add a few more:

• [*]Fixing the financial mess created by Bush/Cheney.
    Bush is the one who passed the horrific bill that provided banks with a free ride for being greedy pricks, assuring that the government is going to be the "backup plan" for later lucrative speculation. Whether or not I consider this "fixing" the mess is an entirely different issue though.

[*]Working toward including environmental and labor standards in trade agreements, instead of the opposite as did Bush/Cheney.
    We should really be worrying about our own problems instead of mandating what other countries/companies are doing as far as labor etc.

[*]He's trying to eliminate special tax breaks for oil and gas companies, instead of increasing them as did Bush/Cheney.
    I will be surprised if this actually happens, gas companies spike gas around election time and Obama is hurting.

[*]Established a credit card bill of rights.
    Credit card companies are dumb, if they can't do their hikes on your APR they will simply find another way to screw you via fees or penalties.

[*]Required health insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions.
    Required everyone to buy insurance from them at the same time too.

[*]Expanded loan program for small business.

Small businesses are getting the choke hold due to regulations passed such as the health care bill, its the least he could do.

One thing that was missed was the take over of federal student loans, which I actually agree with. I still don't think Obama is all that much better than Bush, its been rather lame compared to what was expected during the campaign.