Foxnews/Hannity New Low Call's for Obama to step asside.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, May 8, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201005070048

seriously? we can go on alot longer for what the last admin has done in terms of not dealing serious crisis's/blunders that are far worse than half of these and almost all so claim lies.:rolleyes:

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Ir doesn't matter if they lie, it's just more smearing. Just say it and people will believe it.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Do we really need another Fox is evil thread here, we get it you don't like Fox.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes. I think it is more than fair to point out when people blatantly lie in the media. It's very important to talk about things like this. They should be held accountable and talked about as much as possible.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So why not just make one mega thread about how Fox is evil rather than have a thread a day.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Please feel free to start one. BTW- if you don't like these threads, you don't have to read them.

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Oh now, wait a minute.

He asks if it's time for Obama to step up, or maybe step aside.

You gotta admit that for Sean Inanity and FAUX News that's pretty damn "Fair and Balanced". ;)

8. Hmac macrumors 68020

Didn't see it. It seems like a silly thing to say. I mean, many of us would LIKE to see BHO step aside, but he'd never do that...not in a million years.

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Just curious but how many people called for Bush to step aside?

10. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

He's only asking if right wingers think he should step aside (of course they would, they wanted him out before he took office and even started the anti-Obama Tea Party)

. . . but why should he step aside? Obama is doing a better job than Bush, and Bush didn't step aside.

11. Hmac macrumors 68020

No clue. Doesn't matter to me, though. That was then, this is now.

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Fox is too evil to be confined to one thread. ;)

Very few. Most of us wanted to see him impeached.

13. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

you do realize the crap that bush pulled off is far worse than anything Obama has done right?

14. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

That's ok--his reaction is heartfelt in spite of the facts. That's what makes having an debate, much less a meaningful political conversation, all but impossible in this country.

15. AppleLover9o macrumors regular

Now can you get Obama to understand that? :eek: :rolleyes:

16. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I think that's a different issue. Hannity appears to be asking Obama to step aside for reasons that are based on falsehoods.

Asking Obama to step down because of something he actually did is a reasonable proposition, but Hannity is being disingenuous.

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

How exactly is he doing a better job than Bush besides not being a blundering dumb **** when he gives a speech? Still in Iraq, check, still in afghan, check, gays still treated as second class citizens, check. Patriot act reaffirmed, check.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Gee- let's see. First of all, there has been no 9/11, which happened in part because the Bush administration ignored the intel left to them by Clinton...

...and that's just to start.

Let's see what else. Oh, I know- no assaults on gay people, even though there's not much help either. At least Obama isn't coming after us with guns a'blazin'. And at least we got hospital visitation rights.

Hmm... what else? Oh! Health care reform, as crappy as it is, is far more than what Bush did, which was NOTHING.

And let's not forget foreign relations. Our allies seem to like us a little better these days.

Oh, I know- I'm being silly. None of these things are better than Bush.:rolleyes:

19. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

I agree that we haven't had the smartest people in office lately (yes i mean obama and bush and whatnot), but can't we all just be friends :p lol

20. Hmac macrumors 68020

You do realize that not everyone shares your opinion on that, right? That there are many people that think that Obama's election is one of the most dangerous political events in the last 100 years? Those people tend to watch Fox news and it kind of looks like they represent about 1/2 of the country.

Not that I'm one of them, of course. Just sayin'

Actually, most of those allies snicker at him behind his back...for things like this.

Attached Files:

21. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Wow. is that all you got?

The President of the United States has a bigger traveling staff than the Queen of England?

I think I'll file that under "No Duh".

22. Dany M macrumors 6502

Besides his call for him to step aside, was everything he said was true?

23. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

In addition to what Lee said (especially what Obama didn't do), I'll add a few more:

• Fixing the financial mess created by Bush/Cheney.
    • Working toward including environmental and labor standards in trade agreements, instead of the opposite as did Bush/Cheney.
    • He's trying to eliminate special tax breaks for oil and gas companies, instead of increasing them as did Bush/Cheney.
    • Established a credit card bill of rights.
    • Increased the Veterans Administration budget to recruit and retain more mental health professionals.
    • Required health insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions.
    • Closed the "doughnut hole" in Medicare Part D prescription drug plan.
    • Working to repeal the Bush tax cuts for higher incomes
    • Expanded loan program for small business.

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

We've been really lucky, we've dodged 2 bombers in the last few months by sheer luck.

DADT hasn't been repealed yet and is likely to be pushed into his second term if ever. This would be a simple act and yet he has done nothing about it.

We haven't really seen yet if this bad bill is better than the status quo, I have a sneaking feeling it is going to make the system worse and also force everyone into corporate pockets.

This may be the only one I agree with as far as our allies are concerned. Although it falls somewhat in the "not a bumbling idiot" category. Obama can give a speech which helps a lot with the way people view Americans.

25. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac