FOXNews Slam Trump over Press Conference

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Feb 17, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

3. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Fox News has never had a fondness for Trump. More so than Hillary Clinton...Yes, but they are not fans. I guess if you listen to CNN or MSNBC it would look like they love him by comparison :)

4. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

It's Shep Smith. One of the few lefties on there. When the bigger guns like O'Reilly starts badmouthing Trump, then you'd have a point.

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

When is Shep going to join his sister Megan?

6. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Shep's an interesting guy. He dislikes Fox News a lot, yet he gets paid a lot of money to do the work. Fox knows he's gay and whatnot, but they don't do anything about it. Fox viewers love him, despite often not seeing eye to eye. Rather strange for Fox to keep him around.

7. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Sorry, what? what is "whatnot" and what should they do about it? Did you read that back to yourself when you wrote that?

8. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Fox should do something because he's gay!??! what??

9. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Yeah, I did. What's wrong with it? Shepherd Smith has gone against the grain of Fox for years, pissing off the people upstairs, and he's never been reprimanded. Don't confuse my post for anything else.

10. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: WHAAAAA???!!!!! Fox News was why Trump didn't need commercials in the beginning, they were his personal ad service until his dustup with Megan Kelly!!

11. Zenithal macrumors 68040

The suggestion that Fox doesn't support Trump is incredibly false. FAKE NEWS! They had their noses up his bum for the last year.

12. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I think it's that sentence that is open to misinterpretation by some.

13. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Err, yeah. I've been up for a few hours. Though anyone who knows me I'm an equal rights supporter, as I've said much here. I just find Fox's attitude towards equality towards LGBTQQ interesting when one of their number one reporters falls under that umbrella. Crazy as it sounds, I have a feeling that Fox doesn't care about anything but ratings and viewership, which translates to $$$. Shep earns about $12M a year from Fox. Hannity is one of the biggest seeders of fake news and propaganda. He whinges about people being overpaid yet makes $30M a year from being a yokel on TV.

But... and this is a big but, if Fox is starting to go against the Trump Administration, it says something. Especially when one of their top anchors has yet to be reprimanded. Tide's turning.

14. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

I'm not gay, but I did experiment a few times with whatnot in college.

15. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Was it really that hard to understand? He's gay and "whatnot" (i.e., a Leftie and not fond of Trump).

16. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I think the poster was highlighting FOX's agenda driven reputation.

17. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

He doesn't bad-mouth much if at all. He's given plenty of Credit to Obama even. He has been very direct and taken shots at Trump. I watch him on a regular basis and see it.

18. Zenithal macrumors 68040

He's not fond of a lot of Republicans. In the past, he's been known to over-yell people such as Conway for being an idiot. He's belittled GOP senators in live interviews, he's slammed Donald for years, had to correct his colleagues and FOX News in general on Ebola and Hurricane Matthew. He's an interesting guy. He doesn't give a damn about what people think of him and Fox has never desired to let him go. Even after hardcore religious righities wrote into, or rather write into Fox every so often to have him fired.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 17, 2017 ---
    Yep. O'Reilly has turned around over the years. Hannity and Limbaugh are the worst offenders.

19. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

He's their token in many ways.
    but they admit it though. Hannity is off the charts pro Trump and Anti Obama/Hil liar y. Anyone tuning in to them to get balanced information is watching the wrong time slot.

20. Zenithal macrumors 68040

And he brings old school Republicans like myself in for the hour he's on. Though I rarely watch news on TV now. The rest of Fox is new age Republicanism, AKA tea party influence. CNN wise, I only watch AC's show if it's on. I migrated towards online news when it became a thing about 13 years ago. Especially thanks to Google's excerpts. What took me a few hours a day to read in a paper or watch I could pick and choose in an hour.
    I'm curious who their main demo is. Has to be older people. Can't be anything younger than 55-60.

21. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I know people of all ages that watch their various programs. They have the hottest hosts of any station so it's fair to say men :)

22. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Yes, because the size of a woman's bosom is integral in how informative news is.

23. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

So who are the Right-wing "token" anchors on MSNBC, NBC, ABC, and CBS?

24. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Limbaugh and Hannity are "the hottest hosts"?? I've heard of setting the bar low, but wow...

25. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

At MSNBC they did get Greta, and Joe Scaraborough has always been their Republican cheerleader. So much so, he was best buds with Trump early in his campaign.