Fox's Napolitano 9-11 truther

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Nov 24, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh boy. While it may have happened differently, I don't think it was a conspiracy. I have to confess that I've always thought there were probably bombs inside the buildings in addition to the planes hitting the towers, but I don't think the government did that. And really, it changes nothing. Friends of mine in architecture have told me that there is no way those buildings should have come down like they did from just the planes alone. But I just think the terrorists were more organized on this than we thought.

3. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

I guess that depends on how you define '9-11 truther'. Saying that the government 'didn't give us the whole story' in the subsequent reports or that 'it was hard to believe WTC #7 came down by itself' is very different than suggesting that 9-11 was a massive conspiracy perpetrated by said government.

Napolitano is a great American.

4. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

I prefer the ice cream.

5. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

He's a media personality. Is his opinion really that important?

6. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Yes, the plane's fuel tanks, which passed through the flimsy outer curtain of the buildings.

The elevator/stairwell core was the strength of the building. When that caught fire due to kerosine fuel, temperatures got hot enough to actually melt the concrete and metal core.

Then when one floor collapsed onto the one under it, the loading for that floor was exceeded on a massive scale, and so it too collapsed. And on and on.

You can see it happening on the videos.

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

This guy was on Alex Jones' show. 'Nuff said.

8. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

+1 ... very good analogy ... I think this was basically a very crude and simple Terrorist Attack that caught everyone off guard.

I even think many of the Hijackers thought we are just hijacking a plane ... not crashing the planes. :cool:

9. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

Yes, this is what happened. The planes took out the fire retardant beams in the center of the buildings so their support was decreased immensely.

It just makes me mad that people say this was a conspiracy.

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm not going to say it was a conspiracy.

But what's the explanation for Building 7's collapse?

11. Lord Blackadder, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010

Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

It's worth remembering that the precise causes of many accidents and disasters are not discovered until many years after the event, sometimes never. Take the battleship USS Maine, for example. The ship's explosion in Havana Harbor touched off the Spanish-American War, but there is still no consensus on the exact cause (though it has been narrowed down to a couple very plausible explanations). Some far-fetched conspiracy theories are still tossed around, usually to serve political agendas.

In other words, even if the failure of the tower was solely due to the aircraft collision and resulting fire (as I believe to be the case), there are plenty of people who will refuse to believe it and posit all sorts of alternative theories. The lure of cloak-and-dagger conspiracy theories proves too strong to resist for many people, even when the actual causes are quite prosaic.

12. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

13. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

The conspiracy theory seeks a complex explanation when a simpler one explains the facts.

14. Cycom, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010

Cycom macrumors 6502

Cycom

To all the people who are unable/unwilling to admit, or even entertain the fact, that our government may have been responsible for 9/11:

Reichstag. Operation Northwoods. The Russian Apartment Bombings. Gulf of Tomkin. etc...

Are you so deluded to think that the people in power are telling you the truth?

And to the guy posting the Popular Mechanics link: a big LOL.

15. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Are you so deluded to think that Bush was capable of pulling off the biggest conspiracy of all time? :rolleyes:

16. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

WTC 7 fell because two 110 story buildings fell into it. Then was left to burn for almost 7 hours.
    It would be a miracle if it didn't fall.

17. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Our government couldn't lower a helicopter down the hole in the Superdome after Hurricane Katrina. What the **** makes you think that same government could pull off 9/11?

Edit: Oh how silly of me. Of course the FEDERAL government caused Hurricane Katrina! It all makes sense!

18. Cycom macrumors 6502

Cycom

Bush is/was a puppet. You are mistaken if you think he was in charge (or could have orchestrated this false flag attack). Our presidents are little more than figureheads and are controlled by the REAL people who wield power: those that own the ebb and flow of money.

Unfortunately many of you seem to be victims of a false left/right political paradigm that unfortunately afflicts a large portion of the American public. Obama is controlled by the same people who controlled Bush. Sadly, the public will become disgusted with Obama (as well they should, as he is a criminal and a piece of trash) and will vote in a GOP stooge next election, not knowing that the Republican candidate works for the same people that Obama currently works for.

19. Cycom macrumors 6502

Cycom

What makes YOU think they're NOT capable/willing to pull it off? Those in power always want more of it. The best way to do this is to slowly take away the rights of the people. 9/11 was one of many catalysts that served to strip away the rights and freedoms of Americans. All in the name of securing us from the "enemy."

Looking past your obvious sarcasm, I would say that our government was grossly negligent with the aftermath of Katrina. They allowed for all of the horrible suffering to take place.

20. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Can you name some of the REAL people behind it?

21. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

So who are these people in charge? And post some evidence to support your answer.

Also, why didn't those people try to keep Bush popular by having us find WMDs in Iraq? That would have been much easier to fake than 9/11.

22. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Absolutely. Tin-foil hat wearers might want to think about that.

23. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Why?

So, effectively, your proof is a list of conspiracies? This doesn't prove that 9/11 was, in full or in part, a conspiracy, rather you've proved that conspiracies exist.

Yes, but there's still a wide gulf between exploiting a situation and causing it.

I agree about the negligence, but remember that was because of incompetence. Which the government is very good at.

24. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

When a president takes office does he learn all of the governments dirty secrets. If he wants to know what is buried deep in area 51 do they tell him. If people want to keep 60 year old secrets buried they don't tell a person who will only be there 4 to 8 years.

25. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Please, someone tell me who "they" are?