Framed Apple ][ plus lid signed/autographed by both Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by thewireman, Jan 4, 2012.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

wow 10,000 dollars. Do you think they'll get that? Seems kind of absurd but that's just me.

2. thewireman thread starter macrumors regular

thewireman

It would be nice if it had certificate of authenticity.

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Some provenance but anyone can make up a story - stuff I had signed lately at cons I snapped a pic to prove it....

4. YosemiteSam81 macrumors member

YosemiteSam81

Meh..Anybody can print up a Certificate of Authenticity. There isn't a governing board that checks the validity of those.

The only way I would purchase if there were photos of both Steve's signing it and even then there is a risk of fraud.

5. ClassicII macrumors 6502

ClassicII

Steve's signature is so rare that its hard to ever know. Other than signed official stamped documents like the founding papers that just sold at auction how would you ever know for sure?

I remember reading a story about how he went to a friends dinner party. The host who knew steve well asked if he would sign his old apple keyboard. Steve went on a rant on how ugly the keyboard was and how it was old in design. I dont think he ever signed it ;)

6. jj48 macrumors regular

7. goMac macrumors 603

He didn't. According to the story, the only thing he did do was take out his car keys and start ripping off all the "unnecessary" keys on the keyboard.

8. Lil Chillbil macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

you gotta love that baffoon. reading the steve jobs book is funnier than comedy central