France ‘Suppressed Reports of Gruesome Torture’ at Bataclan Massacre

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Jul 15, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

****ing barbarians. Warning, some pretty gruesome stuff in the article.

http://heatst.com/uk/exclusive-france-suppressed-news-of-gruesome-torture-at-bataclan-massacre/

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

why release it now if they spared the families earlier?

3. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

That is horrific.

I don't understand why/how the French government successfully suppressed this information.

4. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

5. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Because IS works by spontaneously franchising their brand and modus operandi, and I assume this would only give even more ideas to lone wolves, perhaps even becoming a signature of sorts.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 15, 2016 ---
    Warning, profanity:

6. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

Is this a qualified "news" source? "Heatstreet" sounds more like a tabloid entertainment site.

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Doesn't square at all with ISIS tactics, techniques, or procedures. I believe this story is complete BS.

8. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Will show my ignorance of both facts and wit - is this a legit story or not?

If the story is legit .. why aren't more people outraged? Seriously.

If the story is not legit ... why am I not more embarrassed? Seriously.

#noinbetween

9. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Its also being reported on the New York Post, so I would assume the sources have been checked and this is legit.

10. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Then I guess burying discussion of present-day-torture-of-Europeaners-by-Muslims is en vogue.

11. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

After reading actual French report, I'm beginning to believe this story is true.

12. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

There is some dispute over this report. Probably best wait to see before you go off half cocked.

But why would the public need to know this sort of information anyway? It would just feed a macabre curiosity that sites like Liveleak feed into.

Isn't the brutal killing of so many civilians already enough to offend you?

13. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

That might be the best youtube video I've ever seen in my life...

14. 1458279 Suspended

Someone noted that when ISIS started doing things back when, they did extreme things. Beheading, children killing people, burning people alive, etc...

These were done to grab as much attention as they could. This works well for them in that soft targets are considered "off limits" and that works well for a stable society, ISIS's message is that they have no limits so "off limits" doesn't apply to them.

It should be clear that ISIS isn't interested in just killing people, they want to spread terror.

This could backfire on ISIS as more and more people see just how extreme they are, at some point, the would should stand up and do something.

15. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Owned by Dow Jones. I assume it is.

16. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

You wouldn't believe it, but there are certain emotional unripe teenagers that find this stuff very cool and go to ISIS, because they want to do this themselves. When they are there and have to do it they will vomit and see that it is not as funny as watching splatter movies or playing video games. (Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that video games have to do anything with it. It is just the same type of cruelty asthetics).

17. 1458279 Suspended

The male brain takes 29 years to fully develop. The frontal lobe is the last to develop and is the most important.

THere's a reason our constitution doesn't allow anyone over 35 to be president. There's a reason young people have to pay more insurance. There's a reason we have different laws for minors. There's also a reason the cults and religions get people started at a young age.

One of the best moves ever made was the takeover of the education system. Without that, this nation might have had a chance to save itself.