France and Germany to offer unlocked iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Devil's Refugee, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Devil's Refugee macrumors 6502

From ThinkSecret

2. Flying Dutchman macrumors regular

Use the search button next time

Wow... such a newsflash:(

Dude, this has been out for ages. First of all, you should change the title, only France has this law.

Next time us the little button called Search to see if this news has been out already (and well... it HAS been out quite some time now)

Only speculation left is how much it will cost and how Apple will handle the import to the rest of Europe. For example; here in Holland contracts can be really cheap, as well as the ones with unlimited data...

Still, old news dude

3. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

No need to be rude. If there is another thread about the news that just came out (talking about the news about Germany on TS) then post a link to it.
    Usually we try act nice to each other on this forum, would be great if you could too. ;)

4. Devil's Refugee thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Diatribe.

Yes, I know it's "old news" (or call it speculation) but no-one has it confirmed yet that France will be actually selling it unlocked. And it's the first time I've heard about Germany/ T-Mobile following suit too.

It doesn't affect me since I'm in the UK, but for those buying in Germany right now maybe they're not aware of this option which isn't being openly flouted for obvious reasons.

5. doug.hall macrumors regular

I didn' know about Germany and find it quite interesting becuase once it starts filtering out to other European countries it is likely to become a Euro wide offering. I hope it does.:)

6. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

No problem, I had seen it a couple of minutes before on TS but I must say for me this is very interesting. I am in Germany various times throughout the year and for me an unlocked version would be awesome, this way I wouldn't have to go to France to buy mine.
    I still think it is a huge oversight on Apple's part that they sell it only in select countries but that's just me.