France, state of economic emergency

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 1458279, Jan 19, 2016.

1. 1458279 Suspended

We've all heard about the terrorist attacks in France.
    Now, the economy is in a state of emergency.

Is proof that a liberal economy can't work? Are they running out of other peoples money to spend?

Did others in the EU screw things up for France?

Did open boarders and NoGo areas create the final straw for France?

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35343611

2. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Let's assume France eventually emerges from the crisis and does not collapse into economic chaos. Will you say that's proof that a 'liberal economy' does work?

3. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

and North Korea is proof a conservative economy doesn't work... what's your point?

4. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

I'd like to say that I'm open minded and always admit when I'm wrong... but that would be a dam lie so, Realistically, no.

One reason is that I know that a nations economy is so complex that it can't be entirely blamed or credited to national policy.

Example: Bill Clinton didn't create the Internet and the DotCom bubble or it's crash. It can't be fully credited or blamed on him. GW didn't create the housing bubble or it's crash, but he could have done more to soften the blow with more effective regulation.

I see the US as about 100 million (whatever the number of US households is) economies. Each person/household is an economy and they can change their behavior and have a dramatic effect on the national economy.

Same thing with France. I don't know all their laws, but any nation tends to have some level of economic freedom.

However, France won't recover. It's beyond a nation's basic economic model and it's an issue of too many people that don't/won't produce and France's need for very high producers.

I understand that in Greece there's a low compliance with the VAT tax. I imagine it's the same thing in France.

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Well that's not surprising... try firing an employee in France and see how difficult it is.

6. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

US CEO Blasts 'Three Hours a Day' French Workers
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/100474481
    This was 2 years ago, I know they had some fights over this plant. I can't seem to find any news about the outcome.

7. sim667 macrumors 65816

What "NoGo areas"?

8. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

9. sim667 macrumors 65816

Complete rubbish. I live in England, we do not have those areas.

Half of my family live in France. Those areas do not exist there either. What has been referred to as these areas are called ZUS's in France - which you can find listed here:
    http://sig.ville.gouv.fr/Atlas/ZUS/

And you can read about them here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensitive_urban_zone

And on that page it specifically notes:
    And I guess you've got the tripe about no go zones in the UK from fox news, something which they new was a lie, broadcast anyway, and then had to apologise for
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-30870062

So maybe you should spend sometime doing some research and stop believing and spreading vile vitriolic rubbish.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

11. 1458279, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016

1458279 thread starter Suspended

There are other sources:

--- Post Merged, Jan 19, 2016 ---
    Quite a few reports and videos are out there from different sources. You saying they're all false?

Maybe it's the "no go" part that's overstated. We have ghettos here in the US and some consider them "no go" but it's really an opinion. Some consider Chicago a "no go" city.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You might want to do a little research into your "sources".

13. sim667 macrumors 65816

Yup I am.

Especially when you're using the BNP youtube video as your source.

As @rdowns says, you may want to research your sources.

Have you ever actually been to the UK? Or France? Or ever left the USA for that matter?

14. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Communism is by very definition a far left economic plan.

15. sim667 macrumors 65816

I think you've misunderstood the comparison

16. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Then it was a poor comparison. NK is a communist economy, communism is leftist in nature.

What else is there to compare?

17. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You really need to get out of California and see a bit of the world. You would not make such claims if you had travelled a bit in Europe.

18. sim667 macrumors 65816

I don't think he meant conservative in the context of left and right.

I think he meant conservative as in old fashioned labour, with no workers rights, opposite to the french where the workers generally have a lot of rights.

There are people who can think about shades of grey on this earth you know ;)

I mean lets be honest now, DPRK is not a "liberal" economy by any stretch of the imagination.

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You should look up the question, is North Korea Communist? Because the sources that I've seen indicate it is not ...
    Reading other sources indicates North Korea is run more as a monarchy or "gangsterocracy".

There are a number of interesting takes on that question found here: https://www.quora.com/Is-North-Korea-a-communist-country

20. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

It is far left. It's certainly not "conservative" by any correct use of the term.

And there is nothing in conservative ideals that calls for no workers rights, a-la DPRK. That's just you trying the "no true Scotsman" fallacy.

21. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

NK is more fascist than anything. Let's not pretend they're communists.

22. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Authoritarianism, by definition, is not "left".

23. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

But communism is...which is the economic model of the DPRK.

24. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

I find the whole system woefully inadequate if French system and the North Korean system are described as left.

25. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Hey, you've already been shown that the government abandoned that model years ago....what else do you have?