Franklin Graham: Announcing Special Day of Prayer for the President - June 2

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, May 27, 2019.

1. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

2. raqball macrumors 68000

3. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

4. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Well considering we’ve had presidents who were assassinated and shot I hardly think Trump being attacked by cable news talking heads and C list celebrities qualifies as him needing a day of prayer. Again it goes back to this whole cult like adoration certain evangelicals have for him. It’s creepy.

5. VictorTango777 macrumors 6502

But Trump is not really a Christian, evangelical or otherwise. Remember when he said we should bring in more people from Norway? Trump worships the Norse god Heimdall because he is the "whitest of the gods" and has gold teeth:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heimdallr

Trump was looking forward to seeing Marvel's Thor movies until he found out that Heimdall was portrayed by Idris Elba.

6. raqball macrumors 68000

I dunno I think you see only what you want to see... Obama had an evangelical pastor, Rev. Rick Warren, pray at his inauguration....

7. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

OH..OH...we're halfway there. OH..OH..living on a prayer. Take my hand, I'll take you there...to a bunch of hypocritical nonsense.

8. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Saying a prayer at the inauguration isn’t the same as a pastor/rev calling for a day of prayer because the president gets attacked by the media. If anyone did that for Obama I’d be saying the same thing. Creepy AF.

9. raqball macrumors 68000

Then don't participate... I know I certainly have no interest in doing so... If others want to then so be it.. Who really cares either way?

10. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Exactly. This goes back to the whole very weird cult-of-personality that's formed around Trump and has evangelical pastors just carrying water for him.

The good news is that this just further shows that the evangelical game was just a long-con, developed first to rob old church ladies, and now to cement political power.

Franklin Graham is a tool.

11. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I was in Church this Sunday, and during the prayers of Intercession, the deacon - a very nice guy, a guy I know personally, and who is a wealthy farmer - basically asked us to pray for for the Government to make agricultural subsidy payments.

I sorta took exception to this. I don't mind praying for rain. Or that farmers have a fruitful and successful harvest. But asking God in Heaven to make our politicians spend my tax money on subsidising farmers seems to be going a bit far.

I did not pray for agriculture subsidies. Whether they are paid, or not, seems more a matter for our elected leaders to decide. God himself has other matters to attend to.

I would like to believe God knows best how to handle Franklin Graham's schtick.

12. realtuner macrumors 6502a

realtuner

Franklin Graham needs to stay out of politics and start reading his Bible. Comparing what he says to what the Bible says shows me that he’s starting down the path of a cult.

13. raqball macrumors 68000

I don't know anything about the guy so please provide some sources that show the bold portion above.

14. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I find it hilarious how Christianity/prayer triggers so many.

15. raqball macrumors 68000

People can pray or not pray for anything they want.... I also don't understand how or why some are so easily triggered by it....

16. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I have the answer. Christianity and Trump.

17. realtuner macrumors 6502a

realtuner

Almost as much as when you criticize evangelicals and numerous people here get triggered.

18. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Not sure where I triggered evangelicals, but ok.

19. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

People are “triggered” by ministers like Graham who claim to be Christians but also claim that someone as amoral as Trump was chosen by God to be president. They are “triggered” by ministers like Graham who repeatedly criticized Bill Clinton for his sexual behavior and later said that Trump’s infidelities are “none of his business.”

20. raqball macrumors 68000

Yeah I don't see where you did either.. Must just be another evangelical rant?

21. samcraig macrumors P6

I pray he can tell the truth. I pray he will testify to congress. I pray he will resign.

22. realtuner macrumors 6502a

realtuner

I never meant “you” specifically, I meant “you” as posters in general. I should have worded it better

23. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

I’m not triggered. Franklin Graham is a fraud. He needs to be exposed.

24. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

I think Satan only answers prayers for Trump. God has Trump on a Block List.