Franklin/Nashville TN 9/19 - 9/24; photo op suggestions/other

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mtbdudex, Sep 16, 2010.

1. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

I'll be away from the family in Franklin TN 9/19 - 9/24 for work training.
    Good time for after work photo op, I'm bringing my gear and tripod.
    Besides some downtown Nashville shots other good suggestions?
    Lots of countryside areas by Franklin, I don't know the state / local parks for wildlife.
    Also, any suggestion on a big/decent camera store in Franklin area also appreciated.

2. mtbdudex thread starter macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

3. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Natchez Trace for sure -- get the bridge over Hwy 96! Fantastic views from above and below. There is a toy "duck race" in the Cumberland downtown Nashville on Saturday morning, might be some good shots there -- hundreds of bathtub ducks swimming in the river. Pedestrian bridge from First Ave to Titans stadium would be a great vantage point. Franklin Farmer's Market at The Factory should give you some good local color, as will the Nashville Farmer's Market downtown. Broadway and also Second Ave. downtown has lots of honkey-tonks and tourist-y places. Good shots there. Also downtown Franklin -- very Civil-War looking. Carnton Mansion in Franklin and Belle Meade Mansion in Nashville (Hwy 70 in West Meade) are both good examples of Civil War era homes. Warner Parks near Belle Meade Mansion if you are looking for nature shots. Look around, you'll find lots to see and photograph! It is beautiful here!

4. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

I live in Nashville and would suggest the Gulch area has a lot of new cool places that would be excellent for photography, Germantown area has a lot of rustic shops and eateries that would make good for photography.