freaking out about this stuff... so stupid..

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kimcicle, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimcicle macrumors newbie

:confused:confused:Alright guys...
    i wanted to find out and check and see if my girlfriend is pregnant, even though she had her period twice(i'm still concerned because i read it somewhere that symptoms from pregnancy and period could be similar)
    since we fooled around (we fooled around back in august and she had her periods on september and october)

so she took the E.P.T. test last night, and she got a very light three horizontal line which was indicating negative in a oval window, but nothing showed up on the rectangular window... is that because she didn't take it in the morning? should I be still concerned if she's pregnant even though she had two periods and all?

what do you guys think?:confused:

2. iOrlando macrumors 68000

asking that kind of question to a community that I would estimate at 95% male will add 0 value to your question.

3. Queso macrumors G4

Let me get this straight. She's still having periods and the pregnancy test comes back negative.

What's the problem? You can be 99.99999% certain she's not with child.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

If this is freaking you out, you aren't responsible or mature enough to have sex. Please refrain from doing so in the future unless you are going to be responsible enough to use some form of birth control. Sorry for the lecture, but it's for your own good.

PS- I'm pretty sure she isn't pregnant. If it bothers you this much, pay for a doctor's appointment.

5. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Why don't you buy another test? No protection?

6. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

OP, is that picture in your profile of your girlfriend? If so, you really need to take Lee's advice. You are not mature enough to have sex.

7. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Just in case you're confused about these kind of things, which it seems you are. You did more than "just fool around" back in August.

If she has had two cycles since the two of you had intercourse then she is most likely not pregnant. However, the only way to know for sure is to wait it out. She can take more at home tests or even go to the doctor/free clinic for more secure testing if you want a more immediate answer.

Knowing this community like I do I definitely won't be the last person to tell you this. Either stop having sex or use protection! C'mon seriously, I understand hormones and everything but in today's world there is truly no excuse for not being safe.

I can't wait for Jessica to chime in. I love her "soft handed" kind of advice in situations like this. :D

8. kimcicle thread starter macrumors newbie

well,,,,, this may sound stupid but we didn't exactly have sex, it was close but not exactly... so i guess that makes a fool....

I think i have developed a anxiety issue/ paranoia

9. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

So what did you do? Talk?

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'm not sure what they're teaching kids in school these days, but to get a girl pregnant, you have to have sex. Go ask your parents what that means in case you don't know. Or better yet, Google it. I'm sure you'll get some helpful visual aids.

11. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

How old are you?

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

WTF does "we didn't exactly have sex, it was close" mean? I mean, if waving your johnson in front of women got them pregnant, I'd have Jon and Kate beat.

13. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Agreed, and I'm a doc.

Disagree, mixture of fluids ON her genital region, even in absence of penetration, can result in pregnancy.

Remember when there is blood flow to your genitals, there is insufficient blood flow to you brain. Plan ahead and have safe sex to prevent pregnancy and/or STD's.

Also, anyone who 1) asks questions like this on MacRumors, and 2) posts pictures of his girlfriend in his MacRumors profile should not be reproducing How do you think your girlfriend would react is she saw this thread or her pic on your profile?

14. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

We don't know exactly what you did or didn't do back in August, but yes, it's possible to get pregnant without penetration taking place.

As the article linked to above states, the chance of it happening are slim.

From what you say - two cycles and a negative test - it sounds unlikely that there is an unplanned pregnancy. Your friend can go to a planned parenthood center or something similar to have a test done by professionals, confidentially. That will put both your minds at ease.

You can both get tested for STDs and birth control counselling at such a place, as well - and you should. If you need help finding your local free clinics, you can PM me with your location and I'll google it for you (I'm assuming you don't want to post your location, but you can do that, too).

If the picture in your profile is of your girlfriend, you should remove it out of respect for her. It doesn't belong on a public forum, IMO.

15. Queso macrumors G4

So you didn't have sex, she's continuing to have her period, and the pregnancy test came back negative.

I'll change the earlier assessment. You can be 100% certain she's not with child.

16. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

She cant get pregnant if it goes in her mouth

17. MasterDev macrumors 65816

I'll agree with Queso...

If she DOES end up prego, then I think there may be someone else in the picture... Don't like to be that guy that brings it up, but it's possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.