Fredrick of Hollywood Drops Out of Presidential Race

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Jan 22, 2008.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Looks like the Fred-mentum just ran out.
    'Tis a shame. He was supposed to be the savior of the GOP. Guess he'll have to return to Hollyweird...

2. walangij macrumors 6502

Finally. I guess when he said he had 'gone Custer' he really was.

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Apparently people care about his dropping out about as much as they cared about his being in it. Which is to say, not much. He's been dunzo for awhile now, I guess it just took him some time to admit it. 9u11ani is probably next.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Thompson never really acted like he wanted to be in the race. His campaign was very lackluster.

You are probably right about Guilani for the Republicans. Edwards is the next to drop for the Democrats.

5. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Honestly though, outside of Clinton and Obama, McCain and Romney, does it really matter who has and hasn't dropped out yet?

6. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

Yes, because as candidates drop out, their supporters choose other candidates to support which can change the entire dynamic of a race.

I wonder where most of Thompson's and Duncan Hunter's supporters will go. They were both very conservative and from what I have heard, many will be supporting Huckabee. Not that there were that many Thompson and Hunter supporters to begin with.

7. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

You're right. I forgot to include Huckabee. But, as you point out at the end, Thompson and Duncan really don't have enough support for it to matter who they throw their weight to. Once upon a time, Edwards may have mattered - but not anymore.

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I read this and thought there were bras and panties running for Pres.:p

9. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

His was really more of a walk than a run. Glad he knew when to get out, unlike a certain someone on the Left.

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Fredrick of Hollywood, Fred-mentum, Giu9/11ani?

Do you ever run out this stuff?

Anyway, I can't imagine many are all too upset by this. I could see this coming the day he entered the race.

11. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Says the man who brought us Hitlery and *******. :rolleyes:

Oh the irony...

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I've never heard of "hitlery". But yes I've used "*******" once.. maybe twice in this forum. You're much better at the nicknames than I am.

13. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Indeed you haven't. A quick search of the term yields pgwalsh as the originator in the forums, circa 2003. killr_b resurrected it in December. You haven't used it yet (outside of the last post).

Back to the point of the thread, I think the general feeling is that he won't be missed. Not because of anything he did, but simply because nobody noticed him to begin with.

14. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

I suppose I can't help your jealousy.

Besides, you conservatives all sound alike to me. :eek:;)

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I was going to say Kucinich would, but he dropped out already apparently. I think Edwards wants to be a kingmaker. I hate saying that though, because now all the media talking heads are, so it sounds stupid. It's too bad too, because I have so many issues with Obbie and the Hil (what, you people can't come up with any good nicks for them), I usually default to the ambulance chaser. Not enough to throw my support behind whoever he chooses, but unless the GOP stops sucking, I'm going to vote for whichever Dem wins.

I still reserve the right to criticize them though, as I did with Capt. Bringdown in '04.