Free Adaptor Situation - UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tom139, Sep 15, 2012.

1. tom139 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I am one of those who got the message that an iPhone Lighting-30pin adaptor was included with the iPhone 5 on my preorders.

I have today spoken to Apple who advise there is currently no statement on the issue but they are aware of it and are unable to do anything until word from HQ.

Has anybody else had any luck? Certainly under UK consumer law, I think this would fall under 'goods not as described' and cause a lot of havoc to Apple if someone like Watchdog got hold of it.

Many thanks.

2. shortcrust macrumors 6502

My bet is on an email to the people involved telling them about the mistake, apologising and offering the option of cancellation and refund. That would discharge their legal obligations.

I'm still hopeful for a free adaptor, but I'd be really surprised if they did that.

3. iNickk macrumors member

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who's called the after sales support team and whether they had any luck managing to get an adapter supplied for free.

I spoke to someone in the online chat and they suggested that I call after sales, but it's an 0845 number and I only have my mobile atm, so don't really want to be calling it up from there.

4. tom139 thread starter macrumors newbie

Diall the 0800 048 0408 and tell the woman you want to speak to aftersales.