Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EdisEdward

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
for those of you preordering the iphone 6 and 6+, you may recall that many people were able t ocall apple and get a free leather case for messing up the preorder process. if there are any issues tonight, you think apple will give out free bands?

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Why not let the pre-orders actually happen first before worrying about getting free stuff?

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Call immediately after placing your order for a free upgrade to the Edition model, OP.

LiemTa

Suspended
Jun 2, 2014
What part of this launch was messed up? You received a window and orders are coming in tomorrow. No promises were broken.

Last edited:

omgitscro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
What part of this launch was messed up? You received a window and orders are coming in tomorrow. No promises were broken.

That's right. OP, if you want any chance at a free band, you'd better hope your Watch arrives after May 8th.

Qrispy

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2015
+1 Where is the mess up?

For the people who are too stupid to figure it out themselves, no one's mad because they're not getting it launch day, they're mad because idiot cheaters placed orders for the same model after us and are somehow magically getting the watch before.

bulbousnub

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
for those of you preordering the iphone 6 and 6+, you may recall that many people were able t ocall apple and get a free leather case for messing up the preorder process. if there are any issues tonight, you think apple will give out free bands?

Apple's official line is that they're not extending any form of goodwill for the Apple Watch launch.

Trust me, I've been in touch with people inside of Apple Executive Customer Service - they would have given me a leather loop just to shut me up if they could have.

SafariX

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2004
Why? Please explain why you deserve a free band.

If you were promised 4/24 - 5/8, is it May 9th?

WHY DO YOU DESERVE A FREE BAND?

segrobja

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
NYC
Why? Please explain why you deserve a free band.

If you were promised 4/24 - 5/8, is it May 9th?

WHY DO YOU DESERVE A FREE BAND?

He deserves a free band because he feels entitled to one. Thats how this generation thinks.

doeboynmek

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2010
For the people who are too stupid to figure it out themselves, no one's mad because they're not getting it launch day, they're mad because idiot cheaters placed orders for the same model after us and are somehow magically getting the watch before.

cheaters?
idiots?

It's logistics, get over it. Show me proof that someone got the EXACT same model that you ordered, and had a later window, and are getting the watches before you.

Just because people in June are getting watches, doesn't mean they're getting them before your model, people in june and may getting shipping notifications are with watches that have an overabundance of stock. You can't say "Oh someone got a blue sport band watch before me but I ordered a stainless steel link and that's not fair"

There are different SKUs, some are short, some have a surplus. It's logistics., learn it.

From a logistical standpoint it doesn't matter if you ordered at 12:01PST or 12:30PST, if you ordered and got the same window, you are put into a batch, depending on where models are shipped, the 12:30PST could get it before the 12:01PST, this isn't apple's fault this is just how these things work. It would take you MUCH longer to get your watch if Apple implemented a system in which orders are put into batches but rather in a linear format with people arranged by time.

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX

How does one cheat at ordering? Please let me know so I can cheat too.

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
cheaters?
idiots?

It's logistics, get over it. Show me proof that someone got the EXACT same model that you ordered, and had a later window, and are getting the watches before you.

Just because people in June are getting watches, doesn't mean they're getting them before your model, people in june and may getting shipping notifications are with watches that have an overabundance of stock. You can't say "Oh someone got a blue sport band watch before me but I ordered a stainless steel link and that's not fair"

There are different SKUs, some are short, some have a surplus. It's logistics., learn it.

From a logistical standpoint it doesn't matter if you ordered at 12:01PST or 12:30PST, if you ordered and got the same window, you are put into a batch, depending on where models are shipped, the 12:30PST could get it before the 12:01PST, this isn't apple's fault this is just how these things work. It would take you MUCH longer to get your watch if Apple implemented a system in which orders are put into batches but rather in a linear format with people arranged by time.

I order the SS BSB confirmed at 2:03cst and people that had 2:09 and 2:10 conformations for the exact same watch has already been shipped, if you would read up on some of the other threads you would know this instead of just assuming people are whining for no reason.

SafariX

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2004
I order the SS BSB confirmed at 2:03cst and people that had 2:09 and 2:10 conformations for the exact same watch has already been shipped, if you would read up on some of the other threads you would know this instead of just assuming people are whining for no reason.

has your ship window been exceeded? Is it May 9th?

Qrispy

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2015

His reply to me made me so embarrassed for him I wasn't going to say anything, but you hit the nail on the head. There's been reports in the double digits of people ordering the 42mm SS BSB after me and yet somehow getting it before. Really wish some of these kids would actually do some research before running their mouths.

Qrispy

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2015
has your ship window been exceeded? Is it May 9th?

Are you trolling? How many times do we have to say it's not the ship date, it's the fact we're being skipped over in line before you children understand.

doeboynmek

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2010

Did you read my thread? Your time doesn't count, all that counts is your window. This is how any logistical nightmare like the apple watch would be handled. If I have a watch in Florida, and there's a gentleman that ordered at 12:30 and was promised a window of 4/24-5/8, and then I have another guy in California who ordered at 12:02 and was promised the same window, I will not ship the watch out to California to get it to that guy faster.

It's all done in batches, and then as they are put into distribution centers, they are sent out per window, not per time ordered.

----------

His reply to me made me so embarrassed for him I wasn't going to say anything, but you hit the nail on the head. There's been reports in the double digits of people ordering the 42mm SS BSB after me and yet somehow getting it before. Really wish some of these kids would actually do some research before running their mouths.

Again, show me someone ordering your exact watch with a later window than you, getting it first.

Jesus christ this thread obviously didn't study any form of business administration, logistics or anything to do of the sort.

Qrispy

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2015
Jesus christ this thread obviously didn't study any form of business administration, logistics or anything to do of the sort.

I'm sure you have a masters degree in whatever argument you're currently in. Internet kids are too funny.

RichardMZhlubb

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2010
Washington, DC
Are you trolling? How many times do we have to say it's not the ship date, it's the fact we're being skipped over in line before you children understand.
No one ever said it was a line. Apple is fulfilling preorders in presumably the most efficient way possible, which doesn't necessarily mean first ordered/first delivered. If they get you your watch by May 8, they've done everything they said they would do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.