Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doeboynmek

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2010
No one ever said it was a line. Apple is fulfilling preorders in presumably the most efficient way possible, which doesn't necessarily mean first ordered/first delivered. If they get you your watch by May 8, they've done everything they said they would do.

There's still some hope from this thread yet.

----------

I'm sure you have a masters degree in whatever argument you're currently in. Internet kids are too funny.

You seem to call everyone a child in your post, however you're the one that's so upset because of the fact that someone that ordered 10 minutes after you, is still getting the watch in the same window you were promised.

Oh, and not to mention the fact that these people are "idiot cheaters" as per your oh so descriptive adjectives of these individuals.

Good job, Mr. Adult.

Techchic

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2015
for those of you preordering the iphone 6 and 6+, you may recall that many people were able t ocall apple and get a free leather case for messing up the preorder process. if there are any issues tonight, you think apple will give out free bands?

How can there possibly be any 'issues' tonight that would warrant a free band? Apple has up till 5/8 to make good on the delivery window.

I suspect that all the greedy iPhone 6 pre-orderers demanding free leather cases is the reason that Apple decided to hedge there bets with a 'delivery window' this time instead of promising Day 1 delivery in the first place.

Last edited:

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
looks like we are getting a free band. they really screwed up this time. i will be emailing them tongiht

Oh really? Where did Apple admit to screwing up? Where did they say they'll be giving out free bands? What about this launch makes you think you deserve a free anything, other than the fact that you just assumed that there would be a problem and that Apple would give out free stuff in response?

How does one cheat at ordering? Please let me know so I can cheat too.

Well, according to Qrispy, you have to be both an idiot AND a cheater in order to get your watch early. Since you're asking a logical question, I think that rules you out of being an idiot.

Did you read my thread? Your time doesn't count, all that counts is your window. This is how any logistical nightmare like the apple watch would be handled. If I have a watch in Florida, and there's a gentleman that ordered at 12:30 and was promised a window of 4/24-5/8, and then I have another guy in California who ordered at 12:02 and was promised the same window, I will not ship the watch out to California to get it to that guy faster.

It's all done in batches, and then as they are put into distribution centers, they are sent out per window, not per time ordered.

----------

Again, show me someone ordering your exact watch with a later window than you, getting it first.

Jesus christ this thread obviously didn't study any form of business administration, logistics or anything to do of the sort.

Quite right. It's fair to assume that a company takes pre-orders based on time ordered only, but for a launch this big, it's much more likely that it's based on multiple factors, included time ordered, SKU ordered, location, and so on. To assume that Apple screwed up because someone ordered after you but is getting the watch earlier (or is getting a shipment notice earlier, since no one has their pre-ordered watch right now), is making a false assumption. As long as you get the watch within the delivery range they quoted you, then Apple hasn't screwed up.

I'm sure there will be people with legitimate problems, like getting their watch after the end of their delivery range, and I'm sure Apple will work to make things right with those individual customers. But nothing about this launch has shown any kind of systematic issue that would require Apple to compensate people beyond the item they ordered.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
switch?

I ordere a sport space grey 42 black band

but my support site info shows SS Space grey with leather band!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.