Free IM client for Facebook, Gmail and MSN?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blizeH, Jan 4, 2012.

1. blizeH macrumors 6502

Hi guys, I was just wondering is there a decent (and free!) IM client that will do MSN, Gmail and Facebook chat?

Verbs only does Facebook of those, and imo seemed to be awesome, but it just kicked me out of every account when I pressed 'sign off' (as in, I need to re-enter every username and password again) and also just messaged every single person in my contacts for no reason, with the imo web address :mad:

Thanks!

2. blizeH, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012

blizeH thread starter macrumors 6502

After trying out some more, Meebo is almost perfect - but you can't see the person's email address, so if you have 5 people in your contacts with the name 'Mark' or 'Jason' you may as well just guess as to who it is.

Sigh. The search continues!

3. ah123 macrumors regular

I use the eBuddy free version - it's not amazing, but it does the job.

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

5. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

Meebo is the best. Imo is 2nd best. Ebuddy is 3rd best. Trillian is 4th best.

----------

All you need to do is sign in to Meebo via a web browser, right click their name on your buddy list and put in whatever alias you want and it will stick.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

7. blizeH thread starter macrumors 6502

Many thanks all, Meebo is indeed very good so thank you again for the recommendation, but since there's no iPad version I checked out IM+ as mentioned above - it's superb!

Genuinely by far the best IM app I've used so far, it cost 69p but it's definitely worth it, especially if you have an iPad.