Free iPhone 4S 16GB with Quidco on 3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DryEyez, Nov 11, 2011.

1. DryEyez macrumors 6502

Someone on another thread I made pointed out this great offer which you can view here.

http://www.quidco.com/voucher-code-cashback-hot-offers/

It's the top offer.

Basically the phone costs £99 from the 3 network and QuidCo give you £109 cash back. huzzah, you make £10 for taking out a new contract with the iPhone 4S...not bad. Probably the best deal you could actually find as it comes with unlimited data, 5000 texts, 2000 mins, for £35 per month over 24 months. Nice.

So what's the issue? I'm completely new to QuidCo, I was curious if anyone else on MR has used this offer (It's available until the 30th NOV) and whether they have received their cash back no problem?

I also wanted to ask how do you know, for sure, that 3 has tracked that you have come from the QuidCo website so that you definitely receive this offer. I tried a few other offers for different networks and after clicking on the links a message popped up confirming, but alas I don't get this with the 3 website. Any QuidCo inter webs warriors out there or any MR people that have taken up this offer?

2. DryEyez thread starter macrumors 6502

3. pauliphone macrumors regular

I saw this offer, if you read the forums on the Quidco site a lot of members are saying they are not receiving cashback from three.

Apparently three seem to make various excuses about why you are not eligible once you are already into the contract.

I personally have had really bad issues with three, and as they have no UK customer service trying to resolve any issues is near on impossible, I ended up having to go through ofcom just to cancel a one month rolling contract as they were refusing to cancel it!

If you do decide to go with three, I wouldn't take into account the cashback as part of the deciding factor. Then if you do get the cashback think of it as a bonus!

4. superdudeo macrumors regular

£35 x 24 tells me that the phone isn't free.

5. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Three does have very poor customer services

Also no returns if you change your mind.

I personally have very bad signal or no signal with three. Unfortunately they have turned off their orange fallback in my area.

I also found their 3G very good for signal in cities but the speeds were variable. Sometimes 1.6mbit or as low as 700kbits

O2 has slightly worse coverage but their speeds are consistently 2-4mbits where I live.

I just couldn't commit to three for 24 months. I would rather have an iPhone with GPRS or edge than no signal at all.