Free iPhoto on one ipad can't download onto other?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by madeirabhoy, Feb 1, 2014.

1. madeirabhoy macrumors 6502a

Wife got a new work ipad. Since it's new it gets free iPhoto and whatnot. We always use the same login for all our machines so I logged in on that account and downloaded iPhoto free onto her machine.

When I looked on my ipad App Store iPhoto is listed as a purchase as I would expect and there's a download button but it won't download. Every other app downloads fine

Also tried to download it in iTunes in my mac and it won't download. It looks like it is then it says it can't download

2. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Strange, it worked fine for me with the iWork apps. Got em free on my "new" (replacement, broken camera) iphone, and then downloaded them on my older iPad.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Op is the issue device running ios7 as it's a minimum requirement now for iPhoto.

4. madeirabhoy, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014

madeirabhoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

yep, ipad 4 running iOS 7. i think 04, whatever the latest one. just picked up the wife's personal iPad mini, downloaded 5 upgrades of apps no problem, pressed iPhoto, the little circle goes quarter of an inch and then stops and says it can't be downloaded at this time.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That's just a server error as I get that from time to time. Delete the app icon if it's just a marker on the home screen and try again. If you still get the error try later.

6. madeirabhoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tried it for about 5 days now, and i can easily download other things

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Interesting. Might require an iOS reinstall. That used to happen on iOS 6 enough to piss me off. The only thing that ever fixed it was a new OS upgrade (6.1.3 > 6.1.4 or whatever) or a reinstall of the current OS.

However, I've never had an app not be able to be deleted on iOS 7, even when it hangs during downloading/installation. It always gives me the option to delete just like any other app.

Good luck!

8. madeirabhoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

no, sorry, i didnt mean i couldnt delete it, i meant i kept trying later and it wouldnt download.

at the time it wouldnt download even onto my mac's itunes, but yesterday i tried on ipad. failed. ipad mini. failed. downloaded on mac, worked. before i transferred it i tried again on ipad, failed. plugged into mac, installed from itunes.

9. madeirabhoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

now i have the same with iMovie. been trying to download for 3 days now. on iPad it just says it can't be downloaded just now

with iTunes it says 'part of the file seems to be corrupted. to redownload the file, choose check for downloads...'

10. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

could you download to a computer you hook it up to and then connect iPad and transfer the app?

like the "old days"

11. madeirabhoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

that worked, eventually with iPhoto, but with iMovie it keeps saying the file is corrupted

12. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

strange.

we have 2 iPhones and an iPad that all use the same account. when i got a new work phone i got the free iApps and was able to download them to the iPad...not sure if my wife ever tried to dl them to her phone.

13. madeirabhoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

think it was just coincidence about it being a free app, it just seems to be corrupted. i get an error 8008, and cant find a solution.