Free iPod rebate - I don't want to ruin my box!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by casjohnr, Nov 15, 2007.

1. casjohnr macrumors regular

I am rather annoyed that Apple seem to want me to send in the serial label from my iMac box with all the cardboard backing. I don't want to cut a huge hole in my iMac box! The iPod I can just take out the cardboard but the iMac has the label on the side!

Will they accept anything else?

2. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

No. Small price to pay for a free ipod. Could use it as a lame costume for near year; you already did the first step.

Sorry if you didn't get that joke.

3. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

Use a sharp razor blade and slice a shallow square/rectangle around the labe. Then peel the top layer with the label from the cardboard.

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I can attest to this method. I did the printer rebate and they needed the original upc sticker from both boxes. I carefully pulled back some of the sticker and using an exacto knife just kept pulling making sure the sticker didn't rip and got the whole thing off. My macbook box AND printer box are without custom holes. I stuck the stickers on some photo 4/6 paper and send it like that.

5. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

It's a cardboard box. Get over it. There's probably dozens in the skip outside the back of the store. Do you want a free iPod or not? :rolleyes: