Free Keyboard, trackpad, lowerpart of polycarbonate exchanged on my 2008 MB

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by xdbuix, Mar 9, 2011.

1. xdbuix macrumors 6502

I read on the forum, some people got their polycarbonate on the lower part replaced of their black macbooks. I just want to inform you guys that I just got my keyboard, trackpad, and the lower part of the polycarbonate replaced, not just the polycarbonate. When i say lower part i mean the whole piece where u put your palms and upwards. I went in to the genius bar, because my charger randomly stopped working, and the genius offered a free replacement on the macbook. This was w/o applecare, and no dues at all, as simple as that.

Take ur blackbook into the genuis bar! :cool:

2. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

Bought a used MacBook off eBay that had cracks in the palmrest and around the display bezel. Made an appointment to have it looked at, took it to the store and was replaced no questions asked. The store is 120 miles away from home so I had it shipped to my house no cost. These are being replaced under Apple Quality Assurance program.

3. King Luis macrumors 6502

so your saying my macbook can be out of warranty and they'll replace it for free?

4. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

My MacBook had been out of warranty since May of 2008, and they replaced the casing no questions asked. So yes, I'm sure you can.

5. ddehr026 macrumors 6502

Same here. They replaced the topcase on my 2006 blackbook for free no questions asked.

6. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...yeah, the reason I got a whitebook was due to the fact that apple will fix a polycarb case well out of warranty!

However, if you get a "dent" in your MBP they claim accidental damage and charge you for the repairs to the case and internals much of the time...