Free marketing advice to Apple: Color options = 7.24% revenue boost.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Richard1028, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

Just looking at all the freaking ugly nano colors Apple certainly has the paint to splash some of these butt-ugly skins on the polycarb macbook. Black works for me... I don't care about the others. If "baby-crap" green works for you... lobby for it.

The only drawback I see is keeping a good stock of multicolored batteries. (Maybe adopt the MBP strategy of a permanent battery with 7 hour life).

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I'm pretty sure the Nanos are anodized aluminum casings...no paint being involved. Above that even, the black plastic MacBooks weren't painted either, I believe the pigment was incorporated in to the plastic's mixture while it was a liquid.

With that said, bringing back black as a MacBook plastic option would be welcomed, as the BlackBook has quite the following with users. I guess we'll see in the near future if that's going to be possible again.

3. Richard1028 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah I know. I was speaking "figuratively". :p

I wonder why it was discontinued? If the sales were soft then there would be no point in a full color line as "black" would be the most popular.

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

None of them are painted. Otherwise if you chip a white MacBook there would be grey or some other colour underneath. But, its white thru and thru!

5. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

No I agree, it does seem like a good way to freshen up the older-looking MacBook without having to actually get rid of the white model altogether. Plus it would further differentiate it from the Pro line and make it more popular with the average consumer again.