Freeh report released.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by WRP, Jul 12, 2012.

1. WRP macrumors 6502a

http://www.scribd.com/doc/99901024/Freeh-Report-Release

Read the Freeh report. The 4 most powerful people in Penn State knew about all this and did nothing about it for 14 years. Penn State isn't more than football. They all covered this up and did nothing to stop it to protect their image and even allowed Sandusky to keep an office on campus. Those facts alone means that it was entirely about the football program. They let boys get molested on campus to save face of their football program. Quality alma mater you got there.

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Time for the football program to pay the ultimate price. Of course, that won't happen.

Perhaps the NCAA can neuter them.

3. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Whole situation is incredibly tragic and thankfully no longer going on. Heart goes out to the victims of all of this. Feel bad for people that caught up in the middle of all of this too (i.e., Penn State students and alum who trusted Paterno unconditionally). For all involved this is a wound that is going to take decades to heal.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

What happened to those four most powerful people?

Joe Paterno is dead.

Jerry Sandusky is going to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Has anything happened to the other two?

5. WRP thread starter macrumors 6502a

There are 3... Spanier, Curley and Schultz.

Graham Spanier resigned as president but is still a tenured professor there. Tim Curley is "on leave". Gary Schultz is retired.

Curley and Shultz are being charged with perjury.

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Considering the circumstances, it doesn't look like anybody will go easy on them.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The sick thing is Paterno's family still denies any wrong doing.

8. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

It's also sick how many people were crying at his funeral.

9. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Completely agree.

They are showing as much respect for the victims as Paterno himself did. I wonder what those who were protesting his firing have to say now. This is a truly sickening story, and it just seems to get worse with every new detail that is released.

10. WRP thread starter macrumors 6502a

I wish he lived so he could answer for his lies. The greatest thing would be seeing the look on his face when he realized that hiding this to protect his legacy was exactly what ruined his legacy forever.

11. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Me too. In the end, he got off too easy.

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

In American State Universities sports are king. Let a grown man rape kids? No problem. Let the athletes slip by so they aren't made ineligible? No problem. Hell most of them had a "tutor" present while they were testing to "assist" (aka give them answers). Anything for the team.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Ugh- this whole thing was so awful. Sandusky will not last long in prison.

14. WRP thread starter macrumors 6502a

Figures... an ESPN analyst who happens to be a Penn State alum sticks up for his coach. Makes me ******** sick.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...speaks-about-penn-state-report/1#.T_7u5yO-cSc

15. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Nothing less than jail time is acceptable. Then heavy civil compensation.

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

17. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

ESPN is a joke. Why they would even have him anywhere near this story is ridiculous. That Penn State football program is like some kind of cult.

I'm sure he would feel differently if one of his children was involved. All of these people make me sick.

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I remember years ago when I could watch SportsCenter and get in depth highlights. Now it is riddled with talking heads dissecting Tebow and Lebron

19. b24pgg macrumors 65816

A buffalo nickel says this thing is gone within a year

[​IMG]

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

They could just add another line on the bottum. "deceitful"

21. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

I've got nothing invested in the man, the school or the sport, but the guy has a point. We are all more than our mistakes, even if they're really heinous ones. I won't defend the choices in question, and no one should. But people can still be sad when he dies, perhaps even more so in that they are forced to mourn not only the man, but also the man they thought he was. He is also entitled to have a family who still loves him, shocked into denial by the double tragedy of his death and his disgrace.

It's easy for us, at a comfortable distance, to slap the trite "bad person" label on someone most of us had never heard of before this scandal, and to feign outrage that the world is not dancing on his grave, but people are more complicated than that. I don't think I have to excuse the behavior to understand the pain and confusion it caused for the people who thought they knew him.

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The problem is that he had sons who were coaches on the team. They had to have known.

23. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

They should keep it and put up a pedobear statue next to it.

24. WRP thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry... the minute you know someone is raping children and do nothing and even protect the person, everything you have done to that point means zero. You are forever a piece of ****. Then when busted he continues to lie to the world.

He was a deceitful man and his "persona" that everyone saw was probably nothing like the evil soul that resided in that body. Notice how all these serial killers and murders are always "the nicest young man" or "I never thought they were capable of something like that". Truly evil people hide it very well. Paterno hid it to his grave. He knew for at least 14 years Sandusky was raping boys, using his charity as a breeding ground for his rape and didn't say boo. EVIL, EVIL, EVIL.

----------

[​IMG]

25. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

You're responding as if I'm defending him. I have no intention of doing so. I just don't have a lot of "scorched earth" in me for a man who already went to his grave in disgrace. Seeing justice done is one thing, but don't save a torch and pitchfork for me. If you think I need to put on a little show of hyperbolic outrage to prove I object to child molestation, then I guess don't let me around your kids.