French President Holland: Nice attack was Islamic terrorism

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jul 14, 2016.

1. aaronvan, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016

aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

2. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Obama would have censored his speech and called it a technical malfunction :p

3. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Please France, leave the EU for your own good. Control your own destiny and values. Don't let others dictate you.

#FREXIT

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    What the hell does the EU have to do with this?

5. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Border control, France needs to close down the open borders between the EU and start deportations. Don't know if this attack was directly related yet, but hopefully this wakes them up to the realization that France isn't France anymore, they are at the mercy of a powerful few in Brussels.

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Hardly. The open border policy only applies to citizens of the other EU countries. France still has the power to control its own borders.

The people responsible for this attack likely weren't even a part of the large group of refugees Merkel rather bluntly allowed into the union. They either flew in with a perfectly valid passport, or had been living in the country for a good, long while.

7. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Maybe, we will see. Regardless France has a radical Muslim problem. From my understanding if you enter Europe in one of the Schengen area countries you can travel freely between them, France is included in this. Bottom line I am looking to see the entire EU being dissolved. The sooner the better, I am looks my at every opportunity to push it.

8. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

But why? Other than Merkel dropping the ball with the refugee crisis, and the questionable wisdom of electing to use a common currency, there's no real reason to hate the EU.

It's like standing up and saying that this whole cooperation thing didn't work out, and wasn't worth trying due to a few bureaucratic screw ups. Right now is the one time we need to be sticking together the most, with Russia regaining some of its swagger, China quickly building itself up to be the next world superpower, and ISIS an everpresent threat, the last thing we need to be doing is spitting in each others faces over slight ideological differences.

10. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

I suggest you read the transcript of Hollande's post-attack speech.

11. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

12. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The French President displays strength and honestly by identifying the attack as Terrorism.

Meanwhile Hussein may be hiding in the closet in fear. Flappy Lips himself seems to be unable to control the penchant he has for downplaying any crime his dear illegal social degenerate migrants commit.

No wonder the Anti-USA, bomb making, rifle toting, bullet laden, body armor wearing killers have become so active in this country.

They're living their dream on our dollars right here in America. Hussein and Hillary's love for them runs deep.

13. 1458279 Suspended

How about the rules from afar... Rules from afar that you have little or no voice in. I don't know if France can save itself at this point, things are so interwoven, it's hard to see a way out. It's like a tape worm, you have to poison yourself to kill the tapeworm.

There is one way to make all this stop... Join the Islamic State, they're pretty close to that already.

carte-progression-islam-en-france1.png

14. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Muslims make up 9% of the entire French population. Your map may look scary, but France is hardly overrun.

15. 1458279 Suspended

Actually a bunch of them just got overrun ... by a truck.

These attacks are done by small groups. One person, 10 people... they are willing to die as long as you die too. They are willing to die and target crowded places... it doesn't take 50.1%

16. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

So what do you do? Deport 9 million Muslims, cuz 20 of them might go jihadi on everyone?

17. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Just the males....... :p

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The issue isn't border control, it's an internal matter. Because even with open borders these attacks are mostly happening in France and Belgium - where they have issues with their Muslims, and no the Netherlands or Germany or Italy.

The French president thinks spending €120,000 of public money on haircuts is appropriate - and he's a man. I doubt Taylor Swift spends such an extravagant sum.

I also wonder whether Hollande or Corbyn is the more competent.

19. Mildredop macrumors 68020

Clearly the problem here is trucks. Trucks are too easy to get hold of. They should be banned immediately but the National Truck Association will obviously prevent it from happening. It sickens me.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Trucks do have strict licensing criteria.

21. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

How witty.
    So this has inevitably turned into a mode of transport used as a deadly weapon versus a deadly weapon used as a deadly weapon thread. The irony being the driver was also a gunman. This whole incident was based on a terrorist taking advantage of a crowded area to inflict maximum damage. If he'd decided to attack a building, a truck would have been useless.

Anyway my condolences to those in France, especially an ex colleague and friend of mine who witnessed some of this first hand. I also extend my condolences to the American pro gun movement who have managed to turn this thread into a topic about them.

22. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Time to completely kill all support of Islamic countries, and when asked why, state "cause of terrorists". It might be the right solution, it might be the wrong solution. But the superpower allies got to show that terrorism brings drastic measures. I bet Islamic states will clean house with the quickness. Sanctions are a joke.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

What's the plan for France's existing Muslim population who are the problem?

24. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

The Muslim population in France would be much more proactive in stopping terrorism, since they are very invested into their homeland.

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Except they aren't. Because it's the French Muslim population who've carried out these attacks.