French Rumors Page!!!!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
22,561
0
VA
Ok, I was looking for firewire2 and found this. My french is good enough for me to figure out most of it, but on the main site, I need help. If some one could figure out where they got their info that would be great, because the numbers look good, specially the TiPB:cool: :cool:

Nothing like rumors in another language to get the imagination up and running!

http://membres.lycos.fr/applefr/Rumeurs.html
 

dualburn001

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2002
227
0
Re: French Rumors Page!!!!

Originally posted by dukestreet
Ok, I was looking for firewire2 and found this. My french is good enough for me to figure out most of it, but on the main site, I need help. If some one could figure out where they got their info that would be great, because the numbers look good, specially the TiPB:cool: :cool:

Nothing like rumors in another language to get the imagination up and running!

http://membres.lycos.fr/applefr/Rumeurs.html
here:
http://216.239.35.120/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://membres.lycos.fr/applefr/Rumeurs.html
translated with google
you can understand everything now
 

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
22,561
0
VA
I understood most of it, and used altavista for a translation, but what I wanted to get at was where did they come up with this stuff. I figured it would be easier for someone who was French or new it well enough to surf and do a little sluething.

Thanks for the info though.:D
 

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
22,561
0
VA
Re: G-3 iMacs ??

Originally posted by Remus
Why would Apple go back to making G-3 iMacs when we already have G-4's.
That's for the base model, old style. The iMac Luxo is the flat screen version. This makes sense and it also shows that the G3 will get speed bumps and continue the line for a while at least.
 

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
11,897
0
Metairie, LA
very cool!

even though it's still just another "rumors" site...

it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the G3 go up to 900 Mhz...

I know that 1 Ghz would be a nice number for the TiBook....now...

but in the future...I can't see how Apple could justify selling it's "Consumer Line" iMac for nearly half of what it's "Professional Line" PowerBook G4 is going for....for roughly equal performance...

oh well...still a cool site ;)
 

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
22,561
0
VA
Re: very cool!

Originally posted by eyelikeart
I can't see how Apple could justify selling it's "Consumer Line" iMac for nearly half of what it's "Professional Line" PowerBook G4 is going for....for roughly equal performance...
The price is also in Euro's and I was wondering if Apple price in Europe go for about the same as they do here or are they more expensive? Anyone got some info on this?
 

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
2,655
0
Kent, UK
Re: French Rumors Page!!!!

Originally posted by dukestreet
...figure out where they got their info...

it doesn't actually say where they got their rumours from, not that i can see anyway.
 

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
22,561
0
VA
Re: Re: French Rumors Page!!!!

Originally posted by britboy

it doesn't actually say where they got their rumours from, not that i can see anyway.
That was so helpful, thanks.

I did some more searching around their site and did come to realize that the dates for the release of the new machines, according to them, are July and September. Now it was obvious that July was MWNY, however, I couldn't figure out what they were thinking about the September date.

Apple Expo Paris is in September! Could it be that there will be an official Apple presence in Paris? Peut-être Steve Jobs donne une parole principale de note? (sorry for the bad french).

Or is it excess optimism from French mac-o-philes?:)

http://membres.lycos.fr/applefr/index2.html
 

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
2,655
0
Kent, UK
if you looking for some possible explanation for the release dates, remember that in january we had the new iMac, with the new powemac being released slightly later. Could be a similar deal for MWNY.


Glad to be of use Dukestreet :p
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.