Fresh document trove sheds light on Clinton-Trump ties

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Apr 12, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-trove-sheds-light-on-clinton-trump-ties.html

So a vote for Trump is a vote for Clinton or is a vote for Clinton a vote for Trump?

But considering the source, FOX News...

Also read the comments - this one is the best:

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

3. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I've said to many Trump supporters that he's 2/3 democrat 1/3 republican. Wait until the general when he shifts so far towards the center and in some instances past it, the primary anti-establishment GOP voters will soil themselves.

4. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

Hopefully, but FOX chose to write up and distribute the article. Ask their contributors as to why.

IMHO, their personal friendships or lack thereof or dislike of one another are all completely irrelevant to their campaigns and I don't think people truly couldn't too much if they're friends or not. If they are, great. If not, that's their issue. And people do put on smiles in front of the camera.

If anything, I feel sorry for Chelsea because it was said in the media a few weeks ago that her friendship with Trump's daughter soured because of the election and issues therein. Married people have remained married despite political differences, so - yeah - it's sad to see friendships dissolve over - like what you said - petty issues.

But, as everyone knows over the last few decades, even the smallest issue is blown up out of proportion and extrapolated onto bigger issues. That's politics, it seems.

He is likely going to be nominated on the GOP side and, if nothing else, he's kicked the comparatively establishment GOP out of meandering dormancy.

Despite delegate and superdelegate count, it's too early to tell who will win the Democratic nomination. I like both, for different reasons and for similar reasons in some cases, and both Democratic candidates have issues I disagree on. But to varying extents, everyone says the same things about their candidates of choice and so on.

5. chown33 macrumors 604

You just can't buy good fainting couches any more. Heck, you can't even buy bad ones. Instead, it's off to IKEA and maybe repurpose a futon. Begging your pardon, it's just not the same.

And dear oh dear, what will we do to replace pearl-clutching? Good pearls are hard to find, at least ones on a string that can actually be clutched repeatedly. As much clutching as said pearls would get, that string should be kevlar. Good luck finding that.

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

My first choice is Kasich, but the two loud mouths of Trump and Cruz coupled with the liberal media feeding off both of them as much as they can means Kasich is not likely to prevail even in a brokered convention (I wouldn't be opposed to it though). Sanders is a crack pot and Clinton can't be trusted as far as I can piss into the wind. Hate to say it but if this is the best our political parties can offer us we've hit rock bottom. This is truly an election of picking the lesser of two horrid and flawed candidates.