Fresh install of tiger?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macswitcha2, Mar 16, 2010.

1. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

Should I do a fresh install of tiger? If so, how is this done on an eMac?

2. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

Is it a second-hand Mac?

All you have to do is insert the Tiger installation disc and follow the instructions.

3. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, so I don't have to erase the HD first or is this process done after I insert the first disk?

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

It is optional I think. The install cd asks if you want to format using Disk Utility.

But always backup, even if you do want to try and not format and keep your data.

5. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, I backedup so no probs there. I'm just thinking that a clean install would make the process smoother.

6. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

I just installed it but I think I'm going to have to do it all over again since some how I forgot to customize it before installing it, opting to not have the language packs, etc, etc.

However, I have a question. I cannot connect to the internet wirelessly even though airport says I'm connected.

On the network setup assistance I choose the " I use AirPort to connect to the Internet wirelessly." I then put my password and it tells me that " I'm now ready to try connecting to XXXXXXX...etc, etc...."

I hit enter and a window scrolls down telling me that I am unable to establish a network connection.

See pictures below

What is going on?

EDIT: I can connect to the internet but only through an Ethernet. How come I can't connect or access the internet wirelessly?

Attached Files:

7. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

It can be any number of things, but mainly originating from the network settings, if i remember rightly, you should be able to get in beyond the IP address and change the router connection settings etc. Sometimes they try n figure it out for themselves but dont manage it successfully.. Also as always check that your internet is working in the firstplace :)

PTP

8. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

The internet is working since I can get on it via an ethernet cable.