Fresno, CA Apple Store Fashion Fair Mall 6/6+

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Valanze, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valanze macrumors newbie

Anyone planning on lining up for this? No luck on the 12th so looks like for the first time ever I will be heading to the actual store on launch day. Experience/Advice greatly appreciated.

2. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

Of the various stores I've driven by on launch day in LA it's sheer madness, stores are buried.

3. Valanze thread starter macrumors newbie

That is what I was afraid of. I do not want to spend the night there but was curious if I show up at 4AM would I still get a phone? I have no experience with how early lines start ect. So looking to those in the know.

4. MacUser4_20 macrumors regular

Getting a 6? 4am should be fine.
    Getting a 6+? Good luck

5. Valanze thread starter macrumors newbie

6+ is the goal.

6. Soulcrux macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

Two of my friends and I will be there! We're going to be lining up around midnight. Two of us want the Plus, and we don't want to take any chances getting there too late.

Do you know what the protocol for lining up there is? I hope it's by the outdoor seating area outside the food court, since the apple store is closest to that entrance.

7. MacUser4_20 macrumors regular

Security at FF are not the greatest to work with on a launch day.

Typically they do not let you line up until about 2am or 4am. Most likely 2am.
    They will let you do it at the main entrance of the mall, but will not let you queue up until they say so, so it will be at your car, and based upon the honor system of who was there first until the line is formed.

8. Valanze thread starter macrumors newbie

I am going at 9PM that's when security is letting people line up and it's going to be at the kids play ground area by Flemings and Cheesecake Factory.

9. bqchamps macrumors newbie

bqchamps

FF security

Did FF security let you line up after 9:00?

10. Valanze thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya about 30 of us in line now.

11. bqchamps macrumors newbie

bqchamps

So is the line out near the road yet? Like near Anthropologie?

12. Valanze thread starter macrumors newbie

Almost.

13. karebare518 macrumors member

I know its most likely too late, but how is it looking over there right now? I'm at the ATT store down the street and there is about 30 people in front of me :confused:

14. Valanze thread starter macrumors newbie

There is about 30-40 in front of me here but there is about 300 told here.

15. bqchamps macrumors newbie

bqchamps

I got here at 4:00 AM, and the line had turned the corner at Anthropologie; by 5:30, it turned the corner at Charming Charlie, but FF security had us stand up and move closer together because they had pressure wash the wall between CC and Love Culture. Apple employees have separated the line into preorder and walk-in. Now I'm into the main entrance outside near Sephora. Probably 120 people ahead of me.

16. karebare518 macrumors member

Still no word on what their stock is looking like?

17. bqchamps macrumors newbie

bqchamps

I just asked a store employee about 6+ stock, and he just shrugged and acted like he didn't know. I asked if it was similar to the gold 5s stock of last year (which this Apple Store only got THREE on launch day), and again he just shrugged and said "probably ".

18. karebare518 macrumors member

Did you guys end up getting the 6+? I missed it by 2 people :(

19. jenzaraiderzfan macrumors newbie

How Long Now?

I have a preorder to pick up after work...about 7pm. How long is the line now? Should I expect a long wait when I arrive later tonight? :apple:

20. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Preorders have a separate line. You should just be able to walk right in.

21. Soulcrux macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

Really?

Around what time was it that you got into the store with an employee? I was around #45-50, and got inside around 10:45-11. I got my 64 GB Plus Gold no problem, apparently.

Edit: Oh, oops. You were at the AT&T store.

After my friend and I got our phones, we went down to the ATT kiosk 50 feet away, and the guy was finishing our other friend's iPhone 6. He told us that when they opened at 9 AM, they had 6+ in stock and there was nobody there.
    I could have slept all night.

22. bqchamps macrumors newbie

bqchamps

I got the last Gold 6 Plus (64GB) available for AT&T. I was further back, probably #120 or so, and finally got in the Apple store around 3:00 PM. Space Gray 6+ were gone a little while before I got in there, and they still had silver in every capacity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.